Marineland Tanks

Tanks, Filtration, & Lighting Discussion
Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

Marineland Tanks

Post by Redfish » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:37 am

Just Fish has a link (I am guessing Gerwin is a vendor for these tanks) to the Marineland web site and I was looking at their Deep Dimension Tanks but really couldn't find anything good on the site about their sumps, I found this on you tube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cjLLqBDS5Q

What's up with this sump, What are all of the trays for, the round filter thing? A good sump is not good enough? I do like the tank though. I am watching a tank build on RC of a 300g Marineland tank, ( I didn't know ML will custom make your tank) His tank has only one corner OF box (must be a big one) and instead of the middle support, he had euro bracing put in, like Gerwins tank at the store.

Gz28
Discus Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Re: Marineland Tanks

Post by Gz28 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:14 am

I have seen these tanks before. they are pretty cool looking. Some of the features in the cabinets are cool. And I have been wondering why other cabinet makers havent done stuff like that before, the removeable sidepanels, oversized front doors. double hinge top..etc. as for the trays in the sump. they are for media, sponges, filter floss, bioballs...whatever you want to put in there. and the big spinning wheel on the bottom is a bio wheel...similar to bioballs.

Gerwin
Discus Member

Post by Gerwin » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:28 am

well stated, these are a far cry better then their first generations of filters. The tanks are really nice but they are also really $$$$$$$$$$

Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

Post by Redfish » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:12 pm

I heard just the opposite on the price of the tanks compaired to AGE and Mircales tanks. :lol: That must mean that the other two are really $$$$. Let me ask you something about the stands, A man on Reef Central who set up his new system with a Marineland tank and stand, said that the stands are really hard to deal with if you are not using their sump. He said they configured their space under the tank to use their equipment and if you used anything else (sump) you might have a hard time fitting it in there, he said he had to cut the stand up a bit to fit his sump under there. Any first hand knoledge on this?

Gerwin
Discus Member

Post by Gerwin » Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:36 am

Redfish wrote:I heard just the opposite on the price of the tanks compared to AGE and Mircales tanks. :lol: That must mean that the other two are really $$$$. Let me ask you something about the stands, A man on Reef Central who set up his new system with a Marineland tank and stand, said that the stands are really hard to deal with if you are not using their sump. He said they configured their space under the tank to use their equipment and if you used anything else (sump) you might have a hard time fitting it in there, he said he had to cut the stand up a bit to fit his sump under there. Any first hand knowledge on this?
I saw the marineland tank on display at macna, it was DEEP I mean from front to back must have been 36" and 6-8ft long about 24" high, the cabinet seemed short but I am not sure if it was not a allusion based on the shape. Either way 36" by 96' if its was tall enough I can not imagine not having enough room to get a sump of personal taste down there, but I did not open the doors. I also seem to remember that tank with cabinets claiming to retail for 10,000.00 or some really high price , maybe phisher remembers better.