New Tank Start up.

Share Photos of Your Fish and Aquariums
Jamilw1989
Discus Member
My SetUp: Three tanks: 5 gallon used as a nursery; 10 gallon, has four small guppies and four micky mouse fish and three neons, 20 gallon, male, and female swordtail, male and female platy male guppy three baby guppies don't know what they are yet and three baby platies.

New Tank Start up.

Post by Jamilw1989 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:35 pm

First off i would like to thank you guys for all the help you gave me the other day. Ya'lls store was the first place that i have been to and i was actually able to get help that i actually understood what the person was saying. the swordtails i got from you all are doing great and my water in the 20 gallon tank will soon be ready for them to be moved from my fathers tank into it. I do have one question thought. I bought a hood from ya'll for my tank because the one i had was broken, and a few hours after i installed the hood it shorted out and it smelled like something had caught fire in the hood, is it possible that i can return that for a new hood? also are sword tails safe to put in a tank with guppies and platties? I wasnt sure because they are so much faster then the other fish.

goalk33p3r
Discus Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Re: New Tank Start up.

Post by goalk33p3r » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:17 am

welcome pass road pets aka just fish is the best place to go to for all your fish wants and needs ger and rog are one of a kind people and i am glad to be a customer there they will make sure to get you where you want to be good luck and WELCOME

Gerwin
Discus Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Post by Gerwin » Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:54 am

Jamilw1989 wrote:First off i would like to thank you guys for all the help you gave me the other day. Ya'lls store was the first place that i have been to and i was actually able to get help that i actually understood what the person was saying. the swordtails i got from you all are doing great and my water in the 20 gallon tank will soon be ready for them to be moved from my fathers tank into it. I do have one question thought. I bought a hood from ya'll for my tank because the one i had was broken, and a few hours after i installed the hood it shorted out and it smelled like something had caught fire in the hood, is it possible that i can return that for a new hood? also are sword tails safe to put in a tank with guppies and platties? I wasnt sure because they are so much faster then the other fish.
of course if the hood was faulty we are glad to exchange it! as a rule I would say swords are just fine but on occasion you find the bad egg in everything, if there is any problem it could be the swords picking at guppies but I doubt it will happen in your scenario.

Jamilw1989
Discus Member
My SetUp: Three tanks: 5 gallon used as a nursery; 10 gallon, has four small guppies and four micky mouse fish and three neons, 20 gallon, male, and female swordtail, male and female platy male guppy three baby guppies don't know what they are yet and three baby platies.

Post by Jamilw1989 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:16 am

thank you so much for the information. i will bring the hood back one day this week. i live in saucier so it may be wednesday or thursday.