Help Gerwin Please....

Freshwater Tropical Fish & Plants Discussion
Jamilw1989
Discus Member
My SetUp: Three tanks: 5 gallon used as a nursery; 10 gallon, has four small guppies and four micky mouse fish and three neons, 20 gallon, male, and female swordtail, male and female platy male guppy three baby guppies don't know what they are yet and three baby platies.

Help Gerwin Please....

Post by Jamilw1989 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:57 pm

I just noticed about five minutes ago much to my disliking....I have snails in my tank again and i don't know why. I used that medicine you gave me and it cleared the previous problem up with a few days. I even caught one snail trying to get out of the tank to get a way from the medicine and now I noticed that i had four snails in my tank again they are all about the size of flees I was able to reach in and pop some of them but there is one that i cant reach. where are ehy coming from. I havent got any new fish in my tank exept for 26 new born guppies and a male mickey platty i took from my dads tank thats it and i know my dads tank doesnt have snails. i don't understand it. what am I doing wrong?

Gerwin
Discus Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Re: Help Gerwin Please....

Post by Gerwin » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:47 pm

lol, you cost me 90.00 Jamie, my router went down and I knew you needed my help asap so I went and bought a new one for this question so I could get back on line :clap: ( you dont owe me )
so anyway the eggs probably were just not effected, do a partial water change or run some fresh carbon for a day and retreat, ionic copper breaks down fairly quick so it does not surprise me that its not killing snails anymore.
They are tuff little buggers

goalk33p3r
Discus Member

Post by goalk33p3r » Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:20 am

:thumbup: :clap:

Jamilw1989
Discus Member
My SetUp: Three tanks: 5 gallon used as a nursery; 10 gallon, has four small guppies and four micky mouse fish and three neons, 20 gallon, male, and female swordtail, male and female platy male guppy three baby guppies don't know what they are yet and three baby platies.

Post by Jamilw1989 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:13 pm

sorry :-(...I took all the fish out of my tank and there is nothing in it at all. I did put more of the medication in there after the fish were removed and i put some sea salt in there i dont know if it will work but i know garden snails shrivel up when you put salt on them. I will definately start changing the water. what if i took the gravel out and washed it out would that help?

Gerwin
Discus Member

Post by Gerwin » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:45 pm

everything you do will help, but be careful, to thorough a cleaning may affect your bio filter, so dont over populate to soon after such cleanings.

Jamilw1989
Discus Member

Post by Jamilw1989 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:57 pm

ok i wasnt planning on it all fish are happy in my 10 gallon and thats where they will stay till i know its safe. the only problem i have with my 10 gallon is bottom feeders don't live long. they either get stuck in the filter or in a plant and die.but the other fish are happy. but i am going to scrub the gravel tomorrow. Again. :(