article I found on Vodka Dosing

Anything Aquarium-Related that does not fit neatly into one of the other categories.
Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

article I found on Vodka Dosing

Post by Redfish » Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:57 am

Gerwin
Discus Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Re: article I found on Vodka Dosing

Post by Gerwin » Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:41 am

interesting read,
now lets do it! in your tank of course so we can learn first hand. I am ready to help you but I only know what you read but I think I have a good grasp of what they are saying.

Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

Post by Redfish » Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:51 am

I am all for it, I will get the Vodka and try and keep the wife outa the orange juice. I read part of the story, it calls for the one test kit I don't have, so I will get that, was going to anyway.

Gerwin
Discus Member

Post by Gerwin » Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:29 pm

you mean the one I have been telling you about for a week

Redfish
Discus Member

Post by Redfish » Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:41 am

Well, I was telling some people in another forum that I was thinking about going this route, they advised me against this, their reason, they said I needed a better skimmer than what I had. Don't know if I really agree with them on this or not, I think my skimmer works pretty good, but they do have me second guessing myself.

Gerwin
Discus Member

Post by Gerwin » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:01 am

maybe 1/2 dosing what is being recommended, the article did mention good skimmer, I wonder what is considered good?
No doubt there are better skimmers on the market and one could even say that the skimmer you have is under sized for a full blown sps tank, I would probably agree. Remembering your tank initially was not going that way, it was up for the task at the direction in the beginning.

I do have a customer and he is on this board from time to time who is selling a big ETSS skimmer for a pretty good deal. 350ish I think and its a monster.