WTF

Saltwater Fish & Invertebrates Discussion
goalk33p3r
Discus Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

WTF

Post by goalk33p3r » Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:29 pm

I get home and cant find my male clown which is very unusual so i am looking can not find tenty mins later i look in my protein skimmer and what do you know in there stuck in the cup dam i am so mad and upset i have a hob octopus and i had the suface skimmer a little close to the water and i guess jumped in cant find any other reason why he would but dam i pulled him out and you could see where the impeller hit him at :twisted:

Roger
Swordtail Member

Re: WTF

Post by Roger » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:21 am

Yeah one of my clowns ended up going into the overflow but my filter sock caught him before he could get grinded up. That does suck though sorry to hear about that.

bluwtr
Discus Member
My SetUp: 55g, 70#'s lr, 40#'s ls, 10 DIY acrylic sump, in sump skimmer, 1 Jebao wp20 and 2 Koralia 1050 controlled by a Smart Wave, DIY LED's--12 RB, 10 UV's and 8 CW.

Post by bluwtr » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:41 am

I've actually had shrimp and fish go through the intake, but stop there. They didn't make the ride into the reaction chamber so I've been lucky there. Since I added my sump I don't have to worry about that although another shrimp decided to hang out in the overflow for a bit. I've got some snail guard in it that keeps things from going ALL the way in.

goalk33p3r
Discus Member

Post by goalk33p3r » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:35 am

dam i just notice i put the wrong face on there wow it was late and was posting really quick i meant to put :evil:

guitarest
Discus Member

Post by guitarest » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:26 am

Mine got eaten by a blue crab; guess he got too close..... He was in the tank for 6 months then he disappeared so not 100% the crab killed him. Did not find any remains in the tank....