Angel Fish

Freshwater Tropical Fish & Plants Discussion
Jamilw1989
Discus Member
My SetUp: Three tanks: 5 gallon used as a nursery; 10 gallon, has four small guppies and four micky mouse fish and three neons, 20 gallon, male, and female swordtail, male and female platy male guppy three baby guppies don't know what they are yet and three baby platies.

Angel Fish

Post by Jamilw1989 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:37 pm

whats a good size tank to keep an angel fish in? Could i keep ONE in a ten gallon with four neons and a bottom feeder? I am just curious.

Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

Re: Angel Fish

Post by Redfish » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:34 am

I wouldn't put a Dwarf Angel in anything less than a 30 gallon tank.

Jamilw1989
Discus Member
My SetUp: Three tanks: 5 gallon used as a nursery; 10 gallon, has four small guppies and four micky mouse fish and three neons, 20 gallon, male, and female swordtail, male and female platy male guppy three baby guppies don't know what they are yet and three baby platies.

Post by Jamilw1989 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:11 am

:-( rats.

bluwtr
Discus Member
My SetUp: 55g, 70#'s lr, 40#'s ls, 10 DIY acrylic sump, in sump skimmer, 1 Jebao wp20 and 2 Koralia 1050 controlled by a Smart Wave, DIY LED's--12 RB, 10 UV's and 8 CW.

Post by bluwtr » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:35 am

Do you mean fresh or saltwater? Big difference in tank size.

Jamilw1989
Discus Member

Post by Jamilw1989 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:18 pm

fresh water I just wanted a little one. I thought they would grown to the size of their tanks.

Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

Post by Redfish » Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:40 pm

:lol: :lol: Sorry I was assuming you were talking about saltwater and I don't have a clue about freshwater. I guess when you said neons, that should have give me a clue. :roll:

Gerwin
Discus Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Post by Gerwin » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:16 pm

at some point you will have to remove the angel but you can do it as many have done before you, for a while anyways

Jamilw1989
Discus Member

Post by Jamilw1989 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:52 am

ok thanks gerwin. do you have any small angelfish? I know where i can get them but i don't want to if you know what i mean. we have bought angelfish there before and they lived a week and then one ate the other two and then that one keeled over dead i think the tank was to new.

Jamilw1989
Discus Member

Post by Jamilw1989 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:52 am

actually is there a fish that i can put in a ten gallon tank besides tetras and Bettas. bettas don't live long and i wanted to add some contrast to the tetras. i really don't have a larger tank to move an angel fish to. something kinda medium size. that won't attack the other fish.

Gerwin
Discus Member

Post by Gerwin » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:49 pm

tons of stuff! the list is to long to type.

Jamilw1989
Discus Member

Post by Jamilw1989 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:49 pm

Gerwin wrote:tons of stuff! the list is to long to type.
looks like i am gonna have to come to your store and get help cause i am clueless. but i do want tetras so i will see you after the 13th. there is a little gourmi that i saw that i liked its like .5-2 inches long its called a Honey Gourami. do you have any?

Gerwin
Discus Member

Post by Gerwin » Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:56 am

I carry dwarf gouramis, not sure if I have Honeys but by the 13th I will try.
I have lots of tetras! neon, blk neon,, black and white skirts, rasbora hets, red eyes, head and tail lights, blk phantoms, serpae and high fin serpae, silver tips, scissor tails, bleeding hearts and on and on

Jamilw1989
Discus Member

Post by Jamilw1989 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:31 am

Gerwin wrote:I carry dwarf gouramis, not sure if I have Honeys but by the 13th I will try.
I have lots of tetras! neon, blk neon,, black and white skirts, rasbora hets, red eyes, head and tail lights, blk phantoms, serpae and high fin serpae, silver tips, scissor tails, bleeding hearts and on and on
AWESOME!!! What are those big tetras called the ones that are different colors some are pink, purple and other colors my dad has a couple but i have no clue what they are called.