From Fresh to Salt

Blog the Progress of Your Aquarium
evo832psi
Discus Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Re: From Fresh to Salt

Post by evo832psi » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:59 pm

mscoastline wrote:So I am a new Member and really want to convert my freshwater to salt water but dont know where to start??? So since you did it already could you tell me how plz you have a beautiful tank I only have a 55 gallon tank so I need to know everything how do I make salt water where do I get clean sand when do I strat puttin in Rocks what kind of Rock a relpica of your tank would be great only of course smaller since its 1/2 the size lol Plz help will appreciate greatly any info you can give thanks so much! mscoastline :D

Thank you for the compliment!!!!

Jessi pretty much said it. Just go to Pass Rd Pets and talk to Gerwin and Roger. Its actually a simple conversion, just takes some time and patience. I had fish going in after about a week and Coral in about 2 weeks. As for the rock, Ive actually have had over 250lbs and just kept the best looking pieces and got rid of the rest. I did get my favorite piece of Rock from a guy on here though. (Thanks David!) Once the Purple Algae starts spreading it pretty much doesnt stop. The key to keeping everything growing and healthy is good lighting and water changes!

evo832psi
Discus Member

Post by evo832psi » Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:59 am

Well i could be happier with the results ive had this year! Had its ups and downs with the tank but thats just how it goes. Time for some updated pix. Think camera is taking a poop on me. Im going to try and get my buddy to come over and take some "Sandy" pix.

Gerwin
Discus Member

Post by Gerwin » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:31 pm

tank looks great and coraline algae is off the hook!

goalk33p3r
Discus Member

Post by goalk33p3r » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:19 am

Dam you tank is looking awesome brother it was good meeting you I do appreciate you letting me get the blue tang looks.great good luck with the powder blue this time

evo832psi
Discus Member

Post by evo832psi » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:18 am

Thanks guys. Added another Protein Skimmer and re arranged the enitire tank tonight. Have to get new pics up in a week or two.

Power Blue is getting his arse kicked!!! Good luck with the Hippo.