LPS Corals

Anything Aquarium-Related that does not fit neatly into one of the other categories.
Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

LPS Corals

Post by Redfish » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:43 am

I know that zoas and soft corals, for the most part like the water in the tank to be a bit high with nitrate levels and that SPS corals like water that is more pristine. What about LPS corals or to be more exact, Chalices?

Gerwin
Discus Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Re: LPS Corals

Post by Gerwin » Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:09 am

the seem to be very tolerant of some nitrate levels and lower light levels as well

Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

Post by Redfish » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:20 pm

Took the plunge today Gerwin sold me a really nice looking Chalice. No pics yet :lol: placed it towards the back of the tank where Bert might not see it for a few days :lol: Oh that, its been in there for a few weeks now, don't see how you could have missed it.

Sandy
Discus Member
My SetUp: 180gal saltwater reef, 6-80watt T5 lights, 2 powerheads in tank, 2 return pumps in a 40gal sump, uv sterilizer, gfo and carbon reactor.

Post by Sandy » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:26 pm

Redfish wrote: :lol: Oh that, its been in there for a few weeks now, don't see how you could have missed it.
Dang Pete,,,, Lloyd's gonna see this now and my secret will be out :shock: Thanks alot Buddie!!! JK :lol: :lol: :lol: