"THE WONDER SHELL"

Anything Aquarium-Related that does not fit neatly into one of the other categories.
Craig
Guppy Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

"THE WONDER SHELL"

Post by Craig » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:11 pm

Ok..... First thank to Mr. Gerwin..... for anyone who has not been in the LFS in a couple day mine introduced me to this thing called "THE WONDER SHELL." This is so far an amazing product my tank was rather cloudy at about 4:00pm today and it is 6:07pm and it is already starting to clear up... So first point is you should visit you LFS at least once a week.. you never know what there might be in there!!! :D

Also Mr. Gerwin i did some research on the product, It says it will raise you calcium level ( I might have understood it wrong) so if you were to add it to a saltwater tank with inverts. wouldn't it cause it to rise to high and kill them? Just wondering... see you tomorrow :!:

Gerwin
Discus Member

Re: "THE WONDER SHELL"

Post by Gerwin » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:41 pm

LFS.......I guess I have been out of the loop but I figured it out..."Local Fish Store" :lol: but hell that could be anybody that is "local" and everyone who knows me knows "I aint Anybody" or does that mean "Little Fish Store" ? now that may fit, ah the internet and the texting generation acronyms for everything.

Oh yeah the calcium.....no worries, the product has a calcium component as a carrier to distribute Magnesium, Calcium and buffer the GH / KH of the water, also adding some electrolytes and basically correcting the water esp. RO water. And thus correcting some oxidation and having clarity as a by product. I am glad its working, I read some good reviews and thats what got me to try it but it will not substitute for CA additions to a marine aquarium, nor will it come close to creating to high a CA level. That being said from what I understand it will not harm a marine aquarium but is not going to be as effective due to the chemistry of Marine water as it will in FW. Its best use in Marine tanks is as a conditioner for the RO water in top off, the Salt itself takes care of RO water mixed for changes.

So I guess I can stop wondering about the wonder shell? :wink:

Sandy
Discus Member
My SetUp: 180gal saltwater reef, 6-80watt T5 lights, 2 powerheads in tank, 2 return pumps in a 40gal sump, uv sterilizer, gfo and carbon reactor.

Post by Sandy » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:41 pm

Maybe I should have picked up a few to try for my water top offs. Maybe next trip. Which might be tomorrow. :D

Doug
Site Admin
My SetUp: 1984: 90 gal. saltwater, O'Dell tank, Oceanic Systems cabinet stand, (2) Perfecto 48" strip lights with Vita-Lite Power Twists, Aqualogy Bio-Grade Plus Undergravel filter, (2) Hagen Aquaclear 800 power heads, Eheim 2217 canister filter with Chemi-Pure, Hawaiian Marine Angstrom 2537 UV sterilizer

Post by Doug » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:54 pm

Is that that half-round thing that comes in a paper bank envelope? I thought it was called Magic Aquarium Ball or something.

Gerwin
Discus Member

Post by Gerwin » Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:29 am

Doug wrote:Is that that half-round thing that comes in a paper bank envelope? I thought it was called Magic Aquarium Ball or something.
I thought the same thing! geez you remember those things too, I think Sal used to sell them. No they are not but I think the Magic Balls were also a calcium based carrier of minerals and electrolytes but they had even less info on the package, matter fact I think I bought them in bulk no wrappers and just told people they were Magic Balls! :lol:

Bottom line is these have some studies behind them and favorable reviews. Maybe if the internet existed back then, the Magic Ball might have been the next best thing for the FW tank. But now its the WOnder Shell