Announcing AQUARIUM IDOL contest

Share Photos of Your Fish and Aquariums
Gerwin
Discus Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Announcing AQUARIUM IDOL contest

Post by Gerwin » Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:01 am

So what do we do when we have picked our favs from NANO WARS, Big Boys Toys and Clash of the Titans???

We have our Very own Aquarium IDOL competition for everyone to compete in :clap: (did the google search and it looks like this is another G_Brainstorm, to much coffee) contest begins after final Tank Wars.

Although I am way ahead of everyone :shh: , I am open to ideas from the peanut gallery :lol: to make this super cool!

Gerwin
Discus Member

Re: Announcing AQUARIUM IDOL contest

Post by Gerwin » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:58 am

#$%#$%!!!!
??? no comment :x , I'm taking my fish and going home and until someone says something about it I ain't coming out to play....hmm!

brianjoy81
Discus Member

Post by brianjoy81 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:53 am

Sorry. I have been busy trying to teach my yellow tang how to sing for the idol contest. Hahaha.

bluwtr
Discus Member
My SetUp: 55g, 70#'s lr, 40#'s ls, 10 DIY acrylic sump, in sump skimmer, 1 Jebao wp20 and 2 Koralia 1050 controlled by a Smart Wave, DIY LED's--12 RB, 10 UV's and 8 CW.

Post by bluwtr » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:30 am

So what are you looking for? Who can film their tank and choreograph the corals swaying and fish swimming to the music the best?! LOL!!!

FishVet
Swordtail Member
My SetUp: 29 gallon natural planted freshwater-extreme low-tech, small school of Black Phantom Tetra, (1) Anostomus

120 gallon reef-work in progress! Nothing alive in there yet...

Post by FishVet » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:57 pm

If you let your sump run low, it'll make a cool fizz effect from the returns. I think I can work that in with a strobe effect from my malfunctioning bulb, and then zoom in on my shrimp eating one of my dead fish. It'll be a little shock-factor, but I think I can get some votes off of it.

Scott Allen
Discus Member

Post by Scott Allen » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:14 pm

How about specialty stuff like zoa gardens, mushroom/ricordea gardens, mother colonies of something unique.. unique fish or a unique fish behavior.. All could be cool.

bluwtr
Discus Member
My SetUp: 55g, 70#'s lr, 40#'s ls, 10 DIY acrylic sump, in sump skimmer, 1 Jebao wp20 and 2 Koralia 1050 controlled by a Smart Wave, DIY LED's--12 RB, 10 UV's and 8 CW.

Post by bluwtr » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:29 pm

LOL! FishVet, your idea sounds like either a Mel Brooks movie or just "Night of the Living Dead Fish!!!" Man, I just had a visual!

Those are pretty good ideas Scott.

I'd like to suggest a picture of a coral/invert/fish of the week/month type thing. Everyone gets one submission in one category and everyone votes. Most votes wins. If nothing else bragging rights (for a short time anyway).