proud parent

Blog the Progress of Your Aquarium
Jamilw1989
Discus Member
My SetUp: Three tanks: 5 gallon used as a nursery; 10 gallon, has four small guppies and four micky mouse fish and three neons, 20 gallon, male, and female swordtail, male and female platy male guppy three baby guppies don't know what they are yet and three baby platies.

proud parent

Post by Jamilw1989 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:59 pm

I am now the proud parent of two baby sword tails. :D :clap: :thumbup: momma still looks fairly large so we will see what happens

bluwtr
Discus Member
My SetUp: 55g, 70#'s lr, 40#'s ls, 10 DIY acrylic sump, in sump skimmer, 1 Jebao wp20 and 2 Koralia 1050 controlled by a Smart Wave, DIY LED's--12 RB, 10 UV's and 8 CW.

Re: proud parent

Post by bluwtr » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:15 pm

Congrats! :thumbup:

Gerwin
Discus Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Post by Gerwin » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:33 am

Jamilw1989 wrote:I am now the proud parent of two baby sword tails. :D :clap: :thumbup: momma still looks fairly large so we will see what happens
as I recall they can drop young for a long period, days even weeks

Jamilw1989
Discus Member
My SetUp: Three tanks: 5 gallon used as a nursery; 10 gallon, has four small guppies and four micky mouse fish and three neons, 20 gallon, male, and female swordtail, male and female platy male guppy three baby guppies don't know what they are yet and three baby platies.

Post by Jamilw1989 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:21 pm

Gerwin wrote:
Jamilw1989 wrote:I am now the proud parent of two baby sword tails. :D :clap: :thumbup: momma still looks fairly large so we will see what happens
as I recall they can drop young for a long period, days even weeks
wonderful looks like she will be in the 2.5 gallon for a while then. do swordtails and mollies inner breed? i got a back molly to do the job of alge eatter in my 20 gallon and she did a great job she picked the tank clean, but my male sword tail is following her every where she goes. he is more interested in her then anything. any cance for a hybread out of all this?

Jamilw1989
Discus Member

Post by Jamilw1989 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:22 pm

bluwtr wrote:Congrats! :thumbup:
Thanks Wes

Gerwin
Discus Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Post by Gerwin » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:31 am

I do not think so.....only based on the fact I have never had anyone try to sell me any, but like most boys I'm sure he is willing to try :thumbup:

Jamilw1989
Discus Member

Post by Jamilw1989 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:25 pm

Gerwin wrote:I do not think so.....only based on the fact I have never had anyone try to sell me any, but like most boys I'm sure he is willing to try :thumbup:
We shall see. it would be different though. if it actually happened i'll bring you a few. The female black molly is the only one in there so if she gets pregnant it isn't from one of her own kind. then again for all i know she could be pregnant she was in a tank full of males when i got her. when i got her i asked for a female and the lady who fished her out said all she had was males that all the females came in dead and all they had were males. i think she needed to go back to fish school and learn how to tell the difference.