wrasse issues

Saltwater Fish & Invertebrates Discussion
Sandy
Discus Member
My SetUp: 180gal saltwater reef, 6-80watt T5 lights, 2 powerheads in tank, 2 return pumps in a 40gal sump, uv sterilizer, gfo and carbon reactor.

wrasse issues

Post by Sandy » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:38 pm

Okay, so I have had this sixline wrasse forever. Three days ago I noticed he is swimming with his body straight up. He can nose dive and swim down but then ends up right back up near the top with his body straight up again. He still dives after food and can eat food floating on top of the water very easy. I remember talking to Gerwin about another wrasse I had that did this before it died. He said he didn't think it was swim bladder disease and said it sounded like another disease. But I can't remember what he said it was. He looks like a pretty bobber bouncing just under the top of the water :lol: . Anyone, Gerwin,,,, what is wrong with my fish?

Doug
Site Admin
My SetUp: 1984: 90 gal. saltwater, O'Dell tank, Oceanic Systems cabinet stand, (2) Perfecto 48" strip lights with Vita-Lite Power Twists, Aqualogy Bio-Grade Plus Undergravel filter, (2) Hagen Aquaclear 800 power heads, Eheim 2217 canister filter with Chemi-Pure, Hawaiian Marine Angstrom 2537 UV sterilizer

Re: wrasse issues

Post by Doug » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:43 pm

I don't know, but you can bet your wrasse Gerwin will. :lol:

Sandy
Discus Member
My SetUp: 180gal saltwater reef, 6-80watt T5 lights, 2 powerheads in tank, 2 return pumps in a 40gal sump, uv sterilizer, gfo and carbon reactor.

Post by Sandy » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:48 pm

Doug wrote:I don't know, but you can bet your wrasse Gerwin will. :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

guitarest
Discus Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Post by guitarest » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:54 pm

Scott Allen
Discus Member

Post by Scott Allen » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:54 pm

Doug wrote:I don't know, but you can bet your wrasse Gerwin will. :lol:
Awesome :) :D :lol:

Gerwin
Discus Member

Post by Gerwin » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:37 pm

I know more about wrasse than most folks, mainly they can smell pretty bad :crazy:

Sandy and I spoke, generally when swim bladder is a issue especially causing them to float they have a hard time swimming down, that is no the case with hers. Some bacterial infections can affect the brain of fish and cause odd behavior....I'm going with this until more data is given