Christmas in October

Blog the Progress of Your Aquarium
Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

Christmas in October

Post by Redfish » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:18 pm

Well, went to our favorite :clap: LFS today and bought some of the equipment for the new tank today, some :D I came home with and some will have to be :( ordered. What I got:

2 AOI Sol Blue LED Lights
Bubble Magnus Dosing Pump
1 MP 40 the second one will come out of my 125g tank
1 Tunze Auto top off system
1 Apex Lite & PH probe, want to bet I won't get this to work :lol:
1 300w heat probe
1 Mag 1200 pump tank return
1 Mag 950 for manifold
2 GFO/ Carbon reactors
1 Reef Octopus Bio Pellet Reactor
Was going to buy the Kalk Reactor,Gerwin talked me out of that for the time being.
Since I spent most of my :( money, I just put some money on store credit towards the tank,
in the mean time I can start building the stand and get the electrician to the house for a new wall outlet.
I am getting smarter though, :lol: :lol: I remembered to take the price stickers off of the boxes this time, and gave the wife her Christmas spending money, figured that would ease the pain when she sees all the boxes :lol:

bluwtr
Discus Member
My SetUp: 55g, 70#'s lr, 40#'s ls, 10 DIY acrylic sump, in sump skimmer, 1 Jebao wp20 and 2 Koralia 1050 controlled by a Smart Wave, DIY LED's--12 RB, 10 UV's and 8 CW.

Re: Christmas in October

Post by bluwtr » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:49 pm

Well don Pete! Now post some pics as you build this baby! Include pics of the stuff you got today as well. Might as well make it a full build. Good luck. :thumbup:

Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

Post by Redfish » Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:38 am

Wess, I am planning on having Bert take a bunch of pics along the way during the build, she likes taking pics, so I shouldn't have to twist her arm much. I will wait till I have the tank ordered before I start posting them though, that way the build won't seem to be tanking as long as it most :lol: likely will. I forgot this in my first post I have to give Gerwin some props here :clap: :clap: :clap: on helping steer me and this build in the right direction before I made a bad decision, before I really got started. I was fixing to buy some good, but cheaper, not cheap made, but the LED lights I was fixing to buy had no dimming capacities on either the blue or white LED bulbs. As Obewan said, for a mere $200 more I could get the AOI Sol LEDs which is what I did. I don't think I will made a better decision during the building of this tank. Thanks again for that Gerwin :wink: . Oh, Wess, you have a PM coming your way.

Redfish
Discus Member

Post by Redfish » Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:47 am

Well :crazy: I sort of messed up again, and just now realized it, I still made the right choice though. The LED lights I was going to order, but didn't, the owner of that company told me that two of his lights would cover my soon to be new tank. Those lights are 24 inches long, AOIs aren't that long and won't cover the same area, I need three AOI LED lights to cover the same area. Gerwin, order me three of the AOIs.

Gerwin
Discus Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Post by Gerwin » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:49 am

it really depends on how high you are willing to put those Pucks, I have a customer now with 2 on a 120 48 x 24 x 24, seen it with my own 2 eyes in a standard canopy and they look pretty good, there is definitely some "hot spots" but if they go higher it would be fine IMO. The nano is lighting up a 18x15 area flawlessly. and it is tiny!
But I will get you a 3rd or try the 2 and we can always add :thumbup:

Dragont
Angel Member

Post by Dragont » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:03 pm

good luck with the build pete! if you need any help with anything i'm right down the road.

Redfish
Discus Member

Post by Redfish » Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:25 am

Dragont wrote:good luck with the build pete! if you need any help with anything i'm right down the road.
I am sure I will need a smart person when it comes time to get the Apex up and running :lol: Those things, it seems can do alot.

Dragont
Angel Member

Post by Dragont » Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:00 am

Redfish wrote:
Dragont wrote:good luck with the build pete! if you need any help with anything i'm right down the road.
I am sure I will need a smart person when it comes time to get the Apex up and running :lol: Those things, it seems can do alot.
now i didn't say i was smart... lol... since i'm still in my youth i was lending my muscles and labor cuz i deal with lots of old folks and can just imagine how ur joints feel after a long day of work. hehehe... j/k dude...

Redfish
Discus Member

Post by Redfish » Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:39 am

Dragont wrote:
Redfish wrote:
now i didn't say i was smart... lol... since i'm still in my youth i was lending my muscles and labor cuz i deal with lots of old folks and can just imagine how ur joints feel after a long day of work. hehehe... j/k dude...
Ok, now that is funny :lol: :lol:

C-21 USAF
Discus Member

Post by C-21 USAF » Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:09 am

IMO - Getting a big order order of well researched aquarium equipment = Waking up to find gifts under the tree as a kid

Redfish
Discus Member

Post by Redfish » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:35 pm

C-21 USAF wrote:IMO - Getting a big order order of well researched aquarium equipment = Waking up to find gifts under the tree as a kid
Well :D look who it is, I was beginning to think ya'll didn't have Internet access :lol: over there. Sure could use you getting this new tank set up. PM coming your way.