How much does a New Tank cost

Anything Aquarium-Related that does not fit neatly into one of the other categories.
Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

How much does a New Tank cost

Post by Redfish » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:16 pm

:lol: Had to buy the wife HER Christmas present today :roll:

Sandy
Discus Member
My SetUp: 180gal saltwater reef, 6-80watt T5 lights, 2 powerheads in tank, 2 return pumps in a 40gal sump, uv sterilizer, gfo and carbon reactor.

Re: How much does a New Tank cost

Post by Sandy » Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:22 am

Redfish wrote::lol: Had to buy the wife HER Christmas present today :roll:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm sure it didn't help trying to buy her a LARGE t-shirt :mrgreen: :lol: :lol:

Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

Post by Redfish » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:37 am

:lol: :lol: That didn't help :lol: :lol: Guess I can tell what it is, she knows now. Got her a new camera, I think a really nice one.

Sandy
Discus Member
My SetUp: 180gal saltwater reef, 6-80watt T5 lights, 2 powerheads in tank, 2 return pumps in a 40gal sump, uv sterilizer, gfo and carbon reactor.

Post by Sandy » Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:28 am

OOO SWEEEET!!!!! I might be getting close to hitting up a special someone to get me a new camera one day :mrgreen: He just doesn't know it yet :wtf: :lol: :lol:

Redfish
Discus Member

Post by Redfish » Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:01 am

I didn't want to post this, but Ill tell you :lol: i got her a Nikon D7000 with all of the fixuns. That ought to keep her happy for a few years.

Gerwin
Discus Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Post by Gerwin » Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:55 pm

What ever , you can't keep a secret :lol:

Redfish
Discus Member

Post by Redfish » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:03 am

Bert comes into this web site every once in a while to see if anyone has posted any pics. She knew she was getting a camera, just not what type, I wanted to keep that a secret from her as long as I could. I have my aquarium, Bert likes taking pics, so I wanted to get her a really nice camera. I am kinda excited to see what kind of pics she can get of the tank with this new camera. I did get her :lol: a Macro lens with the camera, but not sure how good the lens will be. Its a 40mm lens, everything I have read on Macro lens is that you really want a 100mm lens, but those really cost a bunch, like 3 times what I paid for the 40mm lens, we will see. I have a coral in the tank I don't know what it is, maybe with this camera I can get a good pic for ya'll to see and we can figure out what it is, I think its a hammer coral but really don't know.

Redfish
Discus Member

Post by Redfish » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:33 pm

The good: She got the camera today The bad: her :lol: macro lens was back ordered :( I have done a bit of research on the lens, they say its not that good, we will see.