Idea for my biocube? what do you guys think?

Saltwater Fish & Invertebrates Discussion
Gz28
Discus Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Idea for my biocube? what do you guys think?

Post by Gz28 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:56 am

I was looking at my tanks today and i think i am tired of both of my tanks having the same coral in it. I started looking online and saw zoanthids and mushrooms inclueding ricordia's that was just every color you could imagine, it is crazy how many different colors their are. so i started thinking zoa's and mushrooms do so well in my biocube why not make the whole tank nothing but zoas and mushrooms just every differnt color i can get my hands on, do you think this would look good or would only 2 types of coral be boreing? I am thinking that their are so many different colors that it would not be boreing. Thanks for your opinions. :-)

Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

Re: Idea for my biocube? what do you guys think?

Post by Redfish » Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:31 am

I would skip the Mushrooms, they tend to take over a tank, I would do the zoas and recordias. LARC is in the beginning stages of a Recordia group buy right now, you can get your Recordias for $7 each. The down side, you can't really pick out the colors you want. What ever colors they get in will be divided up between evenly between the people in the group buy, you can't beat $7 each.

gbrendonk
Angel Member

Post by gbrendonk » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:01 pm

Who is LARC and how do you get in on the group buy? And about the original thread, I think a zoa only tank would be cool.

Gz28
Discus Member

Post by Gz28 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:45 am

LARC is louisiana reef club to get in on the group buys you just need to reply to the forum and trust that whoever is doing it wont run off with your money :-) from what i have been reading on there it doesnt seem like anyone has had any problems. this is the link to la reef club http://www.lareefclub.com/phpbb3.09/portal.php

Gz28
Discus Member

Post by Gz28 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:47 am

Thanks for your opinion red. I think i still owe you a frag of trumpet coral :-) you can come buy anytime and i will frag them for you. pm me or call if you want to come by.

Chef Steve
Discus Member
My SetUp: 29 gallon saltwater tank (coral in future hopefully)

Post by Chef Steve » Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:05 pm

I would agree on the mushrooms. Eventually they would start to take over. Zoos and the Ricordias would be awesome. even with some of the zoos you can get long tentacle ones. And some of the colors on various zoos looks awesome under some actinic lights