JustFish BBQ and Frag Swap!

Anything Aquarium-Related that does not fit neatly into one of the other categories.

What day/time is best for you for a gathering?

Poll ended at Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:59 am

Sunday - Day
10%
Sunday - Evening
60%
Monday - Evening
10%
Friday - Evening
No votes
Satuday - Evening
20%

Total votes: 10

Dragont
Angel Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Re: JustFish BBQ and Frag Swap!

Post by Dragont » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:08 am

I can make it most any Sunday evening. And I've been dying to check out your aquarium Scott. I'll make sure to have some pieces fragged and ready. If anyone is looking for any specific corals shoot me a pm and if I have it, I'll be sure to bring a frag for u. If not then looks like it'll be whatever's on my frag rack when the time comes. As of late I've been into collecting high end zoas and palys: fruit loops, LA lakers, tubs blues, magicians, rainbow palys, grandis palythoa, etc... Also I have a few SPS and some LPS.

And Wes I believe that I am holding a couple of pieces for you from Pete. Whenever you are ready man shoot me a pm. Phone crashed and I lost all my contacts...

bluwtr
Discus Member
My SetUp: 55g, 70#'s lr, 40#'s ls, 10 DIY acrylic sump, in sump skimmer, 1 Jebao wp20 and 2 Koralia 1050 controlled by a Smart Wave, DIY LED's--12 RB, 10 UV's and 8 CW.

Post by bluwtr » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:16 pm

Thanks Tim. I will get with you soon. It's no big hurry on my end, but if they are taking too much space in your rack, I can get them asap. I'm bascially only able to come by on a Wednesday or Friday evening during the week. Just let me know and thanks for holding them for me.

Dragont
Angel Member

Post by Dragont » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:58 pm

Hey Scott so is the 29th of this month gonna be a set date for our frag swap so I can put it into my calendar?

Scott Allen
Discus Member

Post by Scott Allen » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:45 am

Just to let everyone know, this is official!!

January 29, 2012 - 6pm till later...
Racquet Club Townhomes (entrance is actually on commerce st)
928 Courthouse Rd #5 (straight back with bright red doors)
Gulfport, MS 39507
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=928+court ... CAwQ_AUoAg

Frag tank should be all good and running by then!! Looking forward to seeing everyone! If you have any frags or equipment you want to sell/trade bring it with you! If all you have is yourself, bring that too! If you have a friend/wife/husband/worst enemy you are more than welcome to bring them as well!

I'll provide beer, food, wine, and a big ole fish tank to stare at!!

Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

Post by Redfish » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:22 pm

Something has come up :( and I won't be able to make it.

Scott Allen
Discus Member

Post by Scott Allen » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:57 am

Redfish wrote:Something has come up :( and I won't be able to make it.
Thanks for the heads up!

If anyone coming could let me know so I know how much to buy come that Sunday at the grocery, that would be awesome. Just let me know by noon that Sunday! My cell is 228-547-0611 you can text me to let me know. Just let me know that you are coming and if you are bringing anyone!

bluwtr
Discus Member
My SetUp: 55g, 70#'s lr, 40#'s ls, 10 DIY acrylic sump, in sump skimmer, 1 Jebao wp20 and 2 Koralia 1050 controlled by a Smart Wave, DIY LED's--12 RB, 10 UV's and 8 CW.

Post by bluwtr » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:24 pm

I'm going to try and make it Scott. Things are piling up around the house and I may not make it, though I really want to. Really like to meet a lot of the people from here and see your tank.

C-21 USAF
Discus Member

Post by C-21 USAF » Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:15 pm

Why don't I see Sandy on this thread?

Scott Allen
Discus Member

Post by Scott Allen » Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:16 pm

That's a good question! Where is Sandy or Rebecca?!?

Sandy
Discus Member
My SetUp: 180gal saltwater reef, 6-80watt T5 lights, 2 powerheads in tank, 2 return pumps in a 40gal sump, uv sterilizer, gfo and carbon reactor.

Post by Sandy » Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:48 am

C-21 USAF wrote:Why don't I see Sandy on this thread?
Hey Jason,,,, how have you been???
Things have been kinda crazy at my house lately. But now that the holidays are over and the kids have gone back to school, maybe just maybe I can catch my breath.
I would love to go Scott, it just depends on what's going on that weekend. Just don't count me for food or anything and if I can make it I will be there.
Rebecca has moved back up to Hattiesburg so she probably will not be able to make it.
Thanks, I really do hope to make it there. I will also try to remember to bring my camera.

Scott Allen
Discus Member

Post by Scott Allen » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:40 pm

40b frag tank is nearly done!! Lights are on and it will be plumbed in by the frag swap this weekend! So if anyone wants to bring some frags the rack will be available!!

And a current teaser shot of my main tank

Damion
Angel Member
My SetUp: 55g Barb tank...Tiger Barbs, Black Rubies, Green Barbs, Banded Leporinus, and a Red Fin Shark. Clean up crew consists of two small (3") plecos

Post by Damion » Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:22 pm

I wold love to come and meet everyone. I don't have any frags to swap - but I can definitely bring something to contribute to food :-)

Let me know when time is set and address.

Bud
Angel Member
My SetUp: My set up:125 gl, Diablo Skimmer, 4 maxspect led, 125lbs + live rock, sand base, rose bubble tip anemone, mini carpet, 2 pair Perc and tomato clowns, yellow tang, coral beauty, red hawkfish, miss gobies and clean up crew. Corals: multiple leathers, acro's, mushrooms, donut, plate, etc... and growing

Post by Bud » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:18 pm

Scott, Just found out I have a 1800 (6:00) briefing on base. Plan to try and come after (about 7:30) to meet everyone. Don't worry about any food for me; hope to see everyone their. Bud

educom
Minnow Member

Post by educom » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:14 am

What time on Sunday?

Scott Allen
Discus Member

Post by Scott Allen » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:48 am

January 29, 2012 - 6pm till later...
Racquet Club Townhomes (entrance is actually on commerce st)
928 Courthouse Rd #5 (straight back with bright red doors)
Gulfport, MS 39507
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=928+court ... CAwQ_AUoAg

I have also decided to give away a door prize at 8pm. Anyone there at that time will have a chance to win a fat piece of red monti cap! (may as well keep this interesting!)

On a side note: If anyone has a mature DSB and is willing to sponsor me a cup of sand I would appreciate it! Just bring it in a solo cup with little water over it! (I'm trying to seed my new 40b with some extra diversity)