Back ground

Anything Aquarium-Related that does not fit neatly into one of the other categories.
goalk33p3r
Discus Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Back ground

Post by goalk33p3r » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:05 am

What Kinda paint do you use to paint the back ground of the fish tank

Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

Re: Back ground

Post by Redfish » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:47 am

When I painted the back of the 125g tank, Gerwin told me to buy Krylon paint (can spray paint), Wal-Mart carries it. I had a canopy on the 125g tank with MH lights that had wires running down the back of the tank, over time those wires started to scratch the paint off a bit, so if you have wires, I would put the paint on a bit thick or make plans to keep those wires off the back of the tank. What I used on the new tank, got it from Lowes and really like it, is a black Latex paint, don't know if they have in other colors, didn't ask, I wanted a black back, I think it makes the corals stand out better and like the look of the pictures the wife takes. You have to use a paint roller for this paint. It is kind of a pain to use, because of the glass, I think, the paint tends to pull away from its self, it takes alot of coats. When you think you have it covered look really good, you might see alot of pin holes in it and need more paint. Like I said you won't put this paint on in a hurry, it takes time and more than a few coats, but I really like it. I bought the small can and had half of that left when I was finished, you are more than welcome to what I have left if you like.

goalk33p3r
Discus Member

Post by goalk33p3r » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:52 am

Thanks Pete that would be awesome let me know when would be a good time to come by and pick it up

Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

Post by Redfish » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:05 am

Pretty much when ever you want to come by, my hand is still broke and they haven't let me go back to work yet. I am going to Gerwins later today to pick up a few more snais for the tank though. Give me a call.

goalk33p3r
Discus Member

Post by goalk33p3r » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:05 pm

I don't have your number I will be in over that way around three you can pm me your number and I can stop by and pick up the paint