just thought you may wanna know

Anything Aquarium-Related that does not fit neatly into one of the other categories.
Jamilw1989
Discus Member
My SetUp: Three tanks: 5 gallon used as a nursery; 10 gallon, has four small guppies and four micky mouse fish and three neons, 20 gallon, male, and female swordtail, male and female platy male guppy three baby guppies don't know what they are yet and three baby platies.

just thought you may wanna know

Post by Jamilw1989 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:44 pm

Dads tank is doing GREAT :thumbup: No angelfish eggs but that male is still a pain in the butt towards his other fish. We are starting to think the female is old and decreped or somthing. My tank on the other hand SUCKS dad took over and it was doing great for a while we had barbs in there for a few weeks they were wonderful then on of my heaters we haywire and the water shot up to 90ish degrees and they all dropped dead and now the water looks like vomit and the ammonia is sky high. I am so Mad i could scream why are my other tanks perfectly fine and this one not wanting to behave and be a good tank.

Gerwin
Discus Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Re: just thought you may wanna know

Post by Gerwin » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:43 pm

well if bad things happen in 3, things should be getting brighter for you VERY Soon! :thumbup:

Jamilw1989
Discus Member
My SetUp: Three tanks: 5 gallon used as a nursery; 10 gallon, has four small guppies and four micky mouse fish and three neons, 20 gallon, male, and female swordtail, male and female platy male guppy three baby guppies don't know what they are yet and three baby platies.

Post by Jamilw1989 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:52 pm

Gerwin wrote:well if bad things happen in 3, things should be getting brighter for you VERY Soon! :thumbup:
i am beginning to think its never going to get better. ever. everytime i get to take one step forward i am pushed back 5 it SUCKS i am getting so mad! we did a 25% water change a few weeks ago and things got better and then my heater went haywire and the water was so hot i burned my finger when i put it in there. i am about ready to completely give up. i dont think i will ever get to where i want that tank to be.

brianjoy81
Discus Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Post by brianjoy81 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:17 am

Im in the military and I have to move every 3 or 4 years. So every few years I get this beautful reef set up and then I have to break it down and sell it all. I know how it feels to keep starting over. Keep at it. Its worth it! I have gotten so bad I just set up a second tank ,14 gallon biocube, as a coral farm, I built the little trays like Gerwin has, im ordering 10 frags next week so hopefully I can be a successful coral farmer lol. Plus now I have 2 tanks to mess with!!! When people walk in my house the first thing they do is press their nose right up against the glass in awe. My main tank is a 34 gallon red sea max. My birthday is coming up so if any one wants to.get me one of the new S-series red sea tanks let me know and I will send you my address lol! Keep your head up and good look with the rebuild!

Jamilw1989
Discus Member

Post by Jamilw1989 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:24 am

brianjoy81 wrote:Im in the military and I have to move every 3 or 4 years. So every few years I get this beautful reef set up and then I have to break it down and sell it all. I know how it feels to keep starting over. Keep at it. Its worth it! I have gotten so bad I just set up a second tank ,14 gallon biocube, as a coral farm, I built the little trays like Gerwin has, im ordering 10 frags next week so hopefully I can be a successful coral farmer lol. Plus now I have 2 tanks to mess with!!! When people walk in my house the first thing they do is press their nose right up against the glass in awe. My main tank is a 34 gallon red sea max. My birthday is coming up so if any one wants to.get me one of the new S-series red sea tanks let me know and I will send you my address lol! Keep your head up and good look with the rebuild!
I am trying its just becoming very upsetting. i really got ticked off the other day when i was watcching tanked it was a re-run but i just like seeing the cool things that you can do to an aquarium and it made me mad watching it. cause they come in to set up the tank and they bring the fish with them and they put everything together and then they let it set for like 20 minutes for the pH to level and then they make sure the temp is just right then they put fish in. its just so unsettling watching people do that; and then when you try it with your own tank it doesnt work.

bluwtr
Discus Member
My SetUp: 55g, 70#'s lr, 40#'s ls, 10 DIY acrylic sump, in sump skimmer, 1 Jebao wp20 and 2 Koralia 1050 controlled by a Smart Wave, DIY LED's--12 RB, 10 UV's and 8 CW.

Post by bluwtr » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:06 pm

And there is part of your problem--"Tanked" is crap. They do not show the proper way to set up a tank nor do the producers come back and show you how these tanks have either crashed and killed everything, or the idiots on the show going back to the locations later and fixing their mistakes. Remember, patience. Trust the good advice you get and ignore the garbage that Animal Planet is showing.

Jamilw1989
Discus Member

Post by Jamilw1989 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:22 pm

bluwtr wrote:And there is part of your problem--"Tanked" is crap. They do not show the proper way to set up a tank nor do the producers come back and show you how these tanks have either crashed and killed everything, or the idiots on the show going back to the locations later and fixing their mistakes. Remember, patience. Trust the good advice you get and ignore the garbage that Animal Planet is showing.
just goes to show the difference between TV and reality. i did do it that way once and it worked great witha 10 gallon and that tank is fine but i doesnt work with large tanks at all. little peeon tanks yes big tanks NO.

bluwtr
Discus Member
My SetUp: 55g, 70#'s lr, 40#'s ls, 10 DIY acrylic sump, in sump skimmer, 1 Jebao wp20 and 2 Koralia 1050 controlled by a Smart Wave, DIY LED's--12 RB, 10 UV's and 8 CW.

Post by bluwtr » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:07 pm

LOL! :lol:

Jamilw1989
Discus Member

Post by Jamilw1989 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:13 pm

so their way of doing things works on little tanks not big tanks, my problem is I HAVE A HUGE TANK! my father said he is gonna do a total wash out again. he said he has seen something simular to what is going on in my tank happen to the ocean he said when it gets to hot in the ocean everything dies off and it has to re-cycle so do aquariums well we are gonna recycle and use the coldest water we can get and slowly warm it to 78 and the start the B&B cycle gain the one you gave me the link to wes.

bluwtr
Discus Member

Post by bluwtr » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:29 am

The ocean doesn't recycle itself--I promise you. Sorry. Good luck though.

Jamilw1989
Discus Member

Post by Jamilw1989 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:56 am

bluwtr wrote:The ocean doesn't recycle itself--I promise you. Sorry. Good luck though.
ok thanks i will need it.