Plate Coral Question

Anything Aquarium-Related that does not fit neatly into one of the other categories.
Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

Plate Coral Question

Post by Redfish » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:57 pm

I read something in a National Forum that I didn't know, there is a bunch that I don't :lol: know but this kinda surprised me. This reefer was asking what plate corals needed, to do good in his tank. The reply was that they needed to be in a low flow area of the tank or they would move on their own to find a spot, I didn't know they could move. Have any of you plate coral owners seen one move?

Scott Allen
Discus Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Re: Plate Coral Question

Post by Scott Allen » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:43 am

Redfish wrote:I read something in a National Forum that I didn't know, there is a bunch that I don't :lol: know but this kinda surprised me. This reefer was asking what plate corals needed, to do good in his tank. The reply was that they needed to be in a low flow area of the tank or they would move on their own to find a spot, I didn't know they could move. Have any of you plate coral owners seen one move?
OHH yeah, you will see it most clearly by partially berrying it and by the next morning it will have moved and be sand free! I saw a cool time lapse once.