Big day today

Anything Aquarium-Related that does not fit neatly into one of the other categories.
goalk33p3r
Discus Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Big day today

Post by goalk33p3r » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:49 am

Well I am so excited for today. It took an all night drive to get here but finally made it to atlanta. I had to come check out the worlds largest aquarium out. I will be taking a TON of pictures . It's killing me though bc right now I am having to wait another hour before it opens!!!!

Scott Allen
Discus Member

Re: Big day today

Post by Scott Allen » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:40 am

goalk33p3r wrote:Well I am so excited for today. It took an all night drive to get here but finally made it to atlanta. I had to come check out the worlds largest aquarium out. I will be taking a TON of pictures . It's killing me though bc right now I am having to wait another hour before it opens!!!!
Haha. Atlanta has "the world's largest aquarium"? I remember seeing it when I was real young. Sounds like I need to go back, can't wait to see the pics!

Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

Post by Redfish » Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:54 pm

It won't be the biggest if Scott has his way :D Can't wait for the pics.

Bud
Angel Member
My SetUp: My set up:125 gl, Diablo Skimmer, 4 maxspect led, 125lbs + live rock, sand base, rose bubble tip anemone, mini carpet, 2 pair Perc and tomato clowns, yellow tang, coral beauty, red hawkfish, miss gobies and clean up crew. Corals: multiple leathers, acro's, mushrooms, donut, plate, etc... and growing

Post by Bud » Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:59 pm

Have a great time.

goalk33p3r
Discus Member

Post by goalk33p3r » Tue May 01, 2012 8:04 am

Sorry it has taking me a day to recoup after the trip. Well the aquarium is awesome! It is well worth every bit and now after going there I am planning on going there this summer again and spending the whole day there. I would recommend going for sure. Their tank for the whale sharks was just amazing. The acrylic was 2 feet thick!! The reef tank was sweet. The fish were huge I could not believe how big they got. I was a little bummed though by the reef tank bc there was not a lot of coral. There was a couple of Monti caps leathers but really that's about it. But fish wow!! They had 4 diferent touch pools. One had about 5 or 6 bonnet head sharks. Another with rays and the other two had sea stars, sea urchins and anemones. I enjoyed the time I spent there. But next time I want to take the behind the seens tour for sure. I though what was really funny was while I was at the reef tank I was pointing out all the fish and naming them and in a minute I had a whole crowd around me asking questions lol I happened to be wearing my just fish shirt and people where asking where that is. I did a little advertising for g man and let every one know how good just fish was. Well I will get the pictures and video up by today some time thanks guys

acbaro
Angel Member

Post by acbaro » Tue May 01, 2012 8:44 am

Wow that sounds like a good time! I'm definitely going to have to try and take my wife there and check it out! Can't wait to see the pics and videos! :thumbup:

goalk33p3r
Discus Member

Post by goalk33p3r » Wed May 02, 2012 6:37 pm

copy and paste in the url www.photobucket.com/goalk33p3r should take you straight to it i have a bunch of pictures on there and still uploading more

goalk33p3r
Discus Member

Post by goalk33p3r » Wed May 02, 2012 6:38 pm

ha just kidding just click on it it takes you to it ha ha sorry
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: