Hurricane procedures?

Anything Aquarium-Related that does not fit neatly into one of the other categories.
Jamilw1989
Discus Member
My SetUp: Three tanks: 5 gallon used as a nursery; 10 gallon, has four small guppies and four micky mouse fish and three neons, 20 gallon, male, and female swordtail, male and female platy male guppy three baby guppies don't know what they are yet and three baby platies.

Hurricane procedures?

Post by Jamilw1989 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:24 pm

Hey guys anyone have any suggestions on what i can do to prolong the life of the fish in our tanks if our power goes out with this storm? we live way out in saucier in the middle of no where and we know if we loose poer it could be weeks before it come back on depending on how much damage hurricane isacc does. I have the battery back up for the 55-80 gallon tank i think its the AirPod® Air Pump w/Battery Back-Up for up to 55 Gallon Tanks i actually have it plugged into my 55 gallon and my 20 gallon. i have it turned all the way up so that it can easily run both tanks. is ther anything else i need to do if we loose power, i want to keep as much oxygen moving as possible and i want it to be held in there some way.