BUSTED!....by GerLock Holmes

Your Host Shares His Random Thoughts and Observations
Gerwin
Discus Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

BUSTED!....by GerLock Holmes

Post by Gerwin » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:28 am

So every now and then as situation comes along that is just so funny or enlightening or just plan dumb that it must be told, this one qualifies for the first two for sure and thanks to my quick detective skills I was able to save yet another reef tank from doom.

all the names and dates are being withheld to protect the innocent (or guilty), :clap:

customer " So Gerwin. I think something is wrong with my tank, my clams are not opening all the way, some of my zoas are missing and this Australian whatchamacallit I bought from you, has not been opening like it used to, what you think is wrong?

Gerlock : "do you have water sample, hold a moment, let me get Rogston to verified quality with his mad chemistry skills"

Gerlock" " My dear Rogston, would you mind examining the water, said customer has brought in"

Rogston: " My God, Gerlock, how many times do I have to do these damn water tests! I always get the crap jobs..(mumbles under breath)" moments later as Rogston is the fastest water tester in Biloxi,"all appears good"

Customer : "well what ya think is wrong
im really concerned, something is just not right with my tank"

Gerlock: " remind me again what Angel fish you have in the tank

Customer: "well I got the Coral Beauty and a yellow one"

as Gerlock ponders on this :think:

Gerlock: hmmm, a yellow one, thats odd I do not recall selling you a yellow angel, why dont you describe it to me (of course because I am Gerlock Holmes I already believe I know he will tell me a specific detail)

Customer: well its yellow with blue around its eye :angel:

Gerlock: " BUSTED!!!!, ah my dear Rogston!, Customer has shopped elsewhere and now he has the viscous clam, zoa, LPS eating Lemon Peel Angel in his tank"

Rogston: " My God man! what did you think you were doing? no one out there besides Gerlock and I, care enough about your tank to NOT sell you things that will destroy your fragile ecosystem!"

Customer: :crazy: :cry: :oops: (so many emotions were going through his body) finally, its true I strayed, now I have to tear my tank apart to get him :wtf:

Gerlock: " well here...borrow my fish trap and collect him, and yes I will even pawn it off through my store...traitor, I mean customer :lol: "

Moral: if you gonna go buy something call me and see if i think its a good idea, or ask that person if its compatible with your tank. I know I do not have everything (even though I can special order :mrgreen: ) and will not hate you if you buy fish other places (maybe feelings hurt :thumbdown: jk) hell if I sold everyone everything, 2 things would happen
1. I would finally be rich and they say money aint everything
2. I would not have stories like this and laughter is EVERYTHING!!!!

Shadow1
Discus Member
My SetUp: 300DD Reef, 30 Nuvo Breeding Clowns, 30 QT/Grow out.

Re: BUSTED!....by GerLock Holmes

Post by Shadow1 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:27 am

You must be bored this morning.
So true you must be the Zen Master too :clap: you knew before they told you what fish and that it was one you did not sell.
I hope you never make it too rich you will load up with Debbie and quit caring about us and our tanks......
Or our wife's makeup for that matter.

grammyxthree3
Minnow Member

Post by grammyxthree3 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:16 am

Another great mystery solved by the great Gerlock & Rogston!!! I must say they have solved many a 'mystery' in my tank over the years...great detective skills!!!

And I also must say I have never laughed so hard on a Sunday morning a 8 am!!!

Thanks for the fun story!!!
Linda

Oh by the way....I had ZERO nitrates in my 100gal yesterday...I did the 'HAPPY DANCE' :clap: ...I did use my test kit though... :D

Boomer
Guppy Member

Post by Boomer » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:07 pm

That's the story you should had told yesterday when we were there, a lot more funny :lol:

Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

Post by Redfish » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:22 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: Very Funny

Sandy
Discus Member
My SetUp: 180gal saltwater reef, 6-80watt T5 lights, 2 powerheads in tank, 2 return pumps in a 40gal sump, uv sterilizer, gfo and carbon reactor.

Post by Sandy » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:26 pm

AWKWARD!!! :lol: :lol:

Shadow1
Discus Member
My SetUp: 300DD Reef, 30 Nuvo Breeding Clowns, 30 QT/Grow out.

Post by Shadow1 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:10 pm

Oh Gman the magnificiant!!! Did you remember to note the borrower on the dry erase board???? :mrgreen:

Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

Post by Redfish » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:44 pm

Shadow1 wrote:Oh Gman the magnificiant!!! Did you remember to note the borrower on the dry erase board???? :mrgreen:
I hate that board :lol: I always seem to be on it.

Gerwin
Discus Member

Post by Gerwin » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:55 pm

No I did not.
Could not leave evidence for you jr detectives

Atchuu
Minnow Member

Post by Atchuu » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:18 pm

Hahaa, Cheater's never prosper! What did you say this dirt bags name was?

Sandy
Discus Member
My SetUp: 180gal saltwater reef, 6-80watt T5 lights, 2 powerheads in tank, 2 return pumps in a 40gal sump, uv sterilizer, gfo and carbon reactor.

Post by Sandy » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:39 pm

Atchuu wrote:Hahaa, Cheater's never prosper! What did you say this dirt bags name was?
And we shall name him or (her) Customer!!! :mrgreen: