carbon/phosphate reactor works great. Very Happy!!

Tanks, Filtration, & Lighting Discussion
Gz28
Discus Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

carbon/phosphate reactor works great. Very Happy!!

Post by Gz28 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:44 am

I bought two phosphate reactors from Gerwin at pass road pets, one I am using for carbon and the other for phosphate resin. I just got them installed a few days ago, and I am very pleased. The canister style reactors come with a fitting that fits on the output shaft of an mj1200 perfectly just push it right on and you are done, it has a flow valve and everything on it. I ran the first line into the canister with the carbon in it and from the output directly into the canister with the phosphate resin. I love this setup because the water has no choice but to go through the carbon and the phosphate resin. Much better than just laying a bag of carbon or resin in your sump. I also like that the flow rate in the second phosphate reactor is perfect with the mj running at full and after going through the carbon, "if you just ran 1 canister with phosphate you would have to choke it down." It has been running for about 3 days now and on the second day I noticed much clearer water, and today when I got up the tank was crystal clear. No more tint to the water or little things floating around in it. The installation was easy, one thing to take note of is when installing the tubing and the mj to the connectors don’t be afraid to push hard, be sure to push them all the way in. When I installed it I pushed until it felt snug then stopped, I ended up with leaks. These things are inexpensive and definitely worth the money!!!!!

Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

Re: carbon/phosphate reactor works great. Very Happy!!

Post by Redfish » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:10 am

Thanks for the review on this item. I need to get one and will.

Gz28
Discus Member

Post by Gz28 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:42 am

You are welcome, I was actually thinking about your tank while i was writing this review, i think you will be happy with it.

C-21 USAF
Discus Member

Post by C-21 USAF » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:29 pm

Love my Bulk Reef Supply dual chamber...MFS sells them