Helping out our LFS

Anything Aquarium-Related that does not fit neatly into one of the other categories.
Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

Helping out our LFS

Post by Redfish » Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:50 am

I have been thinking again :roll: This maybe a dumbbbb idea, we shall see :lol: I have been wondering how we could help Just Fishes bottom line and ourselfs at the same time and have come up with idea 8) . Gerwin would have to work out the details, but lets say I go into a business and I talk them into getting either a SW or FW fish tank for their business that Just Fish could come in and set up for them and maintain for them weekly or biweekly. Just Fish gets the business and we get a store credit every month that they keep Just Fish under contract to maintain the tank. Like I said, maybe a bad idea, I just think I could find a few businesses that would go for this. I think finding businesses that have waiting rooms for their customers would be the best ones to target.

Gz28
Discus Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Re: Helping out our LFS

Post by Gz28 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:15 am

thats a good idea. its funny i have been thinking of a similar idea. I would be willing to do the maintenance on some of the tanks for gerwin too. especially the ones over in this area and slidell which is a little far away from pass road pets. "i will work for fish" LOL :-)

Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

Post by Redfish » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:06 am

I have two leads but, both places have a down side that would be hard to over come, no one is there on the week ends to feed the fish. Thats what got me to thinkin though. :lol:

Sandy
Discus Member
My SetUp: 180gal saltwater reef, 6-80watt T5 lights, 2 powerheads in tank, 2 return pumps in a 40gal sump, uv sterilizer, gfo and carbon reactor.

Post by Sandy » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:53 pm

Gerwin can correct me if I am wrong, but I believe fish can go a few days without being fed. And then there is always the automatic feeders that are out there on the market. Matter of fact,,,, Gerwin has some at the shop for sale. :wink:

I have gone without feeding my fish for 2 to 3 days when I go out of town. They have been just fine. But when I walk in the door,,,, they are waiting at the front of the glass like vultures.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Doug
Site Admin
My SetUp: 1984: 90 gal. saltwater, O'Dell tank, Oceanic Systems cabinet stand, (2) Perfecto 48" strip lights with Vita-Lite Power Twists, Aqualogy Bio-Grade Plus Undergravel filter, (2) Hagen Aquaclear 800 power heads, Eheim 2217 canister filter with Chemi-Pure, Hawaiian Marine Angstrom 2537 UV sterilizer

Post by Doug » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:43 pm

Apologies to Gerwin and pet retailers everywhere, but "vacation" fish feeders are such a scam. Fish are creatures of opportunity-- when times are good they eat, and, when not, they fast. A long weekend without food will not hurt otherwise well-nourished fish. Even longer is not really that big a problem, if you give them an extra feeding per day for the number of days you will be gone, up to about 7 days. If you have a trusted person to come in every other day to feed and monitor, that's great, but, if not, don't sweat it.

Gerwin
Discus Member

Post by Gerwin » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:56 pm

I like where your head is Redfish! about damn time...lol
Gz28 maybe you doing some tanks over there as a subcontractor could work......
Sandy is correct a weekend is a piece of cake even a 3 day weekend............and

I not only sell the autofeeders I use them on more than 75% off our accounts as it enables ME to decide how much and how often they get fed.

Doug is correct the weekend feeders are not a wise buy and the dust that has settled on the 3 I have on the pegboard at the shop is a testament as to how often I recommend them BUT do not confuse the weekend feeder with the autofeeder and if a account has the autofeeder the fish get to eat weekends as well!!! :D hell I can go a few days but I sure do not want to :lol:

C-21 USAF
Discus Member

Post by C-21 USAF » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:26 pm

I use the Ehiem autofeeder I got from MFS and LOVE IT 8) Haven't "had" to feed my fish in months.

richard
Swordtail Member

Post by richard » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:03 pm

I could possibly talk to someone at the police department to see if we could get one in the front lobby.