55 gallon tank

Tanks, Filtration, & Lighting Discussion
Jamilw1989
Discus Member
My SetUp: Three tanks: 5 gallon used as a nursery; 10 gallon, has four small guppies and four micky mouse fish and three neons, 20 gallon, male, and female swordtail, male and female platy male guppy three baby guppies don't know what they are yet and three baby platies.

55 gallon tank

Post by Jamilw1989 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:23 pm

Hey Gerwin. we got the tank set up yesterday with the help our of our pastor who came out and helped Dad get it out of the van and into my room. got it all set up in about an hour from scrubbing the gravel to rinsing and filling the tank. we have a mickey platy in ther right now and she seems fine but she has only been in there for about 20min. do you have dividers that i could pop in the center of the tank so i can split the tank in half? our pastor said i could breed two pairs of angels in there but i need to divide the tank so they would not fight. let me know if you can find the Leopard angels. I will keep you updated on the tank.

Gerwin
Discus Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Re: 55 gallon tank

Post by Gerwin » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:33 am

I have dividers
and I will work on the Angels

remember go slow and take your time introducing new fish, also use some old filter media from a existing tank of yours and put it in the new filter to speed things up a bit.

Jamilw1989
Discus Member
My SetUp: Three tanks: 5 gallon used as a nursery; 10 gallon, has four small guppies and four micky mouse fish and three neons, 20 gallon, male, and female swordtail, male and female platy male guppy three baby guppies don't know what they are yet and three baby platies.

Re: 55 gallon tank

Post by Jamilw1989 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:27 pm

Gerwin wrote:I have dividers
and I will work on the Angels

remember go slow and take your time introducing new fish, also use some old filter media from a existing tank of yours and put it in the new filter to speed things up a bit.
ok well give me a heads up when you get the angels. all i have in ther right now is a tester fish we have too many mickey platies so we used one as a ginny pig she seems fine, its been 24 hours. she will stay in there for a month and then i will come get the angels. Again thanks so much.