plumbing my new 125

Tanks, Filtration, & Lighting Discussion
Bud
Angel Member
My SetUp: My set up:125 gl, Diablo Skimmer, 4 maxspect led, 125lbs + live rock, sand base, rose bubble tip anemone, mini carpet, 2 pair Perc and tomato clowns, yellow tang, coral beauty, red hawkfish, miss gobies and clean up crew. Corals: multiple leathers, acro's, mushrooms, donut, plate, etc... and growing

plumbing my new 125

Post by Bud » Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:16 pm

Getting to plumbing my new 125 and I have some questions:
1. I have two predrilled drain holes, 1 1/4 inside diameter each. Should I downsize to a more maneagable hose size after the bulkhead?

2. Do I need anything hard piped in? The supplied bulkheads come with barbed hose connectors like that was their intention.

3. I do have an inline shut off valve for each drain line, Do I need a shut off valve on the return?

Plumbing has never been one of my strengths. Any help will be appreciated,

Bud

Gerwin
Discus Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Re: plumbing my new 125

Post by Gerwin » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:33 am

1. I have two predrilled drain holes, 1 1/4 inside diameter each. Should I downsize to a more maneagable hose size after the bulkhead?
no use what they gave you for flow, just soak the tubing in a hot bath to get them to do what you want

2. Do I need anything hard piped in? The supplied bulkheads come with barbed hose connectors like that was their intention.
barbed hose connectors are for use with flexible tubing, so that was their intention but you can adapt to hard pipe if need be from there.

3. I do have an inline shut off valve for each drain line, Do I need a shut off valve on the return?
the drain hoses should not need the ball valves but putting one on the return side does allow you to slow down the jets of need be

Plumbing has never been one of my strengths. Any help will be appreciated, call me if you need more help, I'll make a plumber out of you yet! :thumbup:

Bud
Angel Member
My SetUp: My set up:125 gl, Diablo Skimmer, 4 maxspect led, 125lbs + live rock, sand base, rose bubble tip anemone, mini carpet, 2 pair Perc and tomato clowns, yellow tang, coral beauty, red hawkfish, miss gobies and clean up crew. Corals: multiple leathers, acro's, mushrooms, donut, plate, etc... and growing

Post by Bud » Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:23 pm

Copy that, but do I have to pull my pants down a little while working on the plumbing. :shock:

Sandy
Discus Member
My SetUp: 180gal saltwater reef, 6-80watt T5 lights, 2 powerheads in tank, 2 return pumps in a 40gal sump, uv sterilizer, gfo and carbon reactor.

Post by Sandy » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:48 pm

Just say NO to crack!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bud
Angel Member

Post by Bud » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:52 pm

30 gallons in tonight, 30 gallons more tomorrow night, 30 gallons more Friday and then the last mostly from the 55. Making progress.

Bud
Angel Member

Post by Bud » Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:34 pm

Tank is transferred. Everything that the haddens carpet anemone didn't kill in the temp tank seems to be doing fine. Water parameters all good, sand sentiment is finally settling. Plumbing is leak free, Skimmer is skimming effectively already and new led's are very cool. (Controller doesn't work(see you Tuesday Gerwin), but the lights work great). Two clowns and yellow tang are adjusting to the new tank. Lots of room for growth now once the tank settles in, looking forward to it. :D