Sneak Peak

Anything Aquarium-Related that does not fit neatly into one of the other categories.
Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

Sneak Peak

Post by Redfish » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:02 pm

Being Inspected

Passed inspection

bluwtr
Discus Member
My SetUp: 55g, 70#'s lr, 40#'s ls, 10 DIY acrylic sump, in sump skimmer, 1 Jebao wp20 and 2 Koralia 1050 controlled by a Smart Wave, DIY LED's--12 RB, 10 UV's and 8 CW.

Re: Sneak Peak

Post by bluwtr » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:32 am

LOL! Good work on the stand frame Pete. BTW, I finished the sump last night. I'm still working on the ATO container. Started trimming the excess and will finish Saturday. Will have it polished on Sat as well and can get you your pieces one day next week. Just let me know what's best for you.

Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

Post by Redfish » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:17 am

Wife knew the new tank was wider than the old 125g but she almost freaked when she saw the stand. She went back into the house and came out with a tape measure, measured how wide the tank stand is (30 1/2 inches), measured the back door which is right next to where I built the stand, 31 inches. That thing ain't going to fit in the %@# :evil: door and the front door is the same size. I acted a bit worried and told her to go around and measure the front door, just to see. I already new the front door was 34 1/2. She came back around telling me how lucky I was :roll: . Had to mess with her a bit, like I would build something without :roll: measuring the door, shes just lucky I couldn't fit a 36 inch wide tank in the house :lol: The stand will hold the 48x30x25 Display tank on one end, the other end will hold a 20g Fish Quarantine tank that will be replaced at some point down the road with a 18x30 Frag Tank. Thats the plan anyway :roll: Still have to put a few 2x6 braces in the top part of the stand plus the plywood top, plywood floor and the plywood back to the stand. Wes, will get with you on the Sump & Top Off Tank :D .

Redfish
Discus Member

Post by Redfish » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:39 am

I now have a Kreig Jig if anyone needs to borrow it. This system makes quick, easy, solid joints, I could park a tank on this stand. No way I ever buy a stand for any tank that I might get, this should be the last one though :lol: :roll:

Sandy
Discus Member
My SetUp: 180gal saltwater reef, 6-80watt T5 lights, 2 powerheads in tank, 2 return pumps in a 40gal sump, uv sterilizer, gfo and carbon reactor.

Post by Sandy » Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:00 am

Looking good Pete!!! Wilma is doing fine, she has been checking out the condo next door, she likes to hang out on the balcony :D but she does find her way back home at night! :lol: She really is a cool fish! Might have to get me one when she moves back in with you!!! :mrgreen:

Redfish
Discus Member

Post by Redfish » Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:20 am

Thanks for that info Sandy, Bert was asking about Wilma yesterday.