THAT SMELL!!!

Anything Aquarium-Related that does not fit neatly into one of the other categories.
Sandy
Discus Member
My SetUp: 180gal saltwater reef, 6-80watt T5 lights, 2 powerheads in tank, 2 return pumps in a 40gal sump, uv sterilizer, gfo and carbon reactor.

THAT SMELL!!!

Post by Sandy » Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:34 am

OKAY,,, I have had the privilege of smelling some pretty funky stuff in my life,,, baby crap, dog crap, dead snails, dead fish, sick leather corals, various un-named mens farts :wtf: :lol: :lol: bad food and so on,,,
But tonight I think I may have run across the worst smell I have EVER smelt!!! Made me choke, gag, say a few ugly words, gag alittle more,,, well,,, you get the picture....
A dead torch coral!!! :shock: Had to bag and tie that thing up in a hurry and just threw it out the door.... made my whole kitchen stink,,,,think it may have even burned my nose hairs :wtf: :lol: :lol:

Now,,, after hearing my rant...

What is the worst thing dealing with aquariums that has burned your nose hairs and made you wanna puke????
And Ger and Rog,,,,, the name the fart game does not count!!! :mrgreen: :lol:

bluwtr
Discus Member
My SetUp: 55g, 70#'s lr, 40#'s ls, 10 DIY acrylic sump, in sump skimmer, 1 Jebao wp20 and 2 Koralia 1050 controlled by a Smart Wave, DIY LED's--12 RB, 10 UV's and 8 CW.

Re: THAT SMELL!!!

Post by bluwtr » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:17 am

Being a biologist not much actually bothers me, but to me H2S is probably one of the funkiest smells. Dead fish etc. is just a day at the office for me, but that skimmate is just foul, but I've got a really strong stomach so nothing actually makes me gag.

Jamilw1989
Discus Member
My SetUp: Three tanks: 5 gallon used as a nursery; 10 gallon, has four small guppies and four micky mouse fish and three neons, 20 gallon, male, and female swordtail, male and female platy male guppy three baby guppies don't know what they are yet and three baby platies.

Post by Jamilw1989 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:09 pm

the smell of my tank after using aqua safe it reeks so bad you don't even want to be in th same house it smells like rotten eggs and vomit all mixed up. nasty. the dogs don't even want to be in the same house. i am never using it again i will stick with the tap water conditioner that you get from gerwin's by API. better stuff with no smell.

Gerwin
Discus Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Post by Gerwin » Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:11 pm

bluwtr wrote:Being a biologist not much actually bothers me, but to me H2S is probably one of the funkiest smells. Dead fish etc. is just a day at the office for me, but that skimmate is just foul, but I've got a really strong stomach so nothing actually makes me gag.
one day I wiil have to tell the story of me drinking some skimate for breakfast

bluwtr
Discus Member
My SetUp: 55g, 70#'s lr, 40#'s ls, 10 DIY acrylic sump, in sump skimmer, 1 Jebao wp20 and 2 Koralia 1050 controlled by a Smart Wave, DIY LED's--12 RB, 10 UV's and 8 CW.

Post by bluwtr » Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:44 am

LOL!!!! Funny you mention that because I was cleaning the skimmer cup last week and Brandi was saying how bad it smelled and I told her your story---she gagged each time I reminded her of it! :twisted: :lol:

Shadow1
Discus Member
My SetUp: 300DD Reef, 30 Nuvo Breeding Clowns, 30 QT/Grow out.

Post by Shadow1 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:30 pm

USA YEAST RESIDUE in the sewage lagoon about half of Hattiesburg covered in yeast laden h2s smell. Try going out to eat in that. Been near 2years of it. :thumbdown: