Tank Update

Anything Aquarium-Related that does not fit neatly into one of the other categories.
bluwtr
Discus Member
My SetUp: 55g, 70#'s lr, 40#'s ls, 10 DIY acrylic sump, in sump skimmer, 1 Jebao wp20 and 2 Koralia 1050 controlled by a Smart Wave, DIY LED's--12 RB, 10 UV's and 8 CW.

Re: Tank Update

Post by bluwtr » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:17 pm

Just let me know what you need/want Pete and we'll make it happen. As far as the PVC "Y", that may be tough to get, but call/go by the place on Auto Mall here in D'Iberville. Can't remember the name, but it is across the street from the Taco Bell and DQ. Warehouse looking building with a chain link fence. If they don't have it call Southern Pipe in Pascagoula on Old Mobile Hwy. I bet one of the two either has it or can get it.

Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

Post by Redfish » Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:25 pm

I know where you are talking about, I deliver their mail, don't have to go inside. I will ask them if they can get it.

Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

Post by Redfish » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:58 pm

Had the day off today, oh yea :lol: am off tommrow :D also and the next day. I got alot done on the tank build today and only have a few minor things left to do tommrow. Lets see, got the screen top made for the quarantine tank, cut a hole in the back of the stand to run the power cord from the power strip to the wall plug, cut a hole in the back of the stand to run the MP40s thru, mounted the MP40 controls under the stand, cut the hole in the stand top to run the drain and return lines thru, had to guesstamate :roll: where this needed to be but I can't be that far off as long as they put the overflow box in the center of the back panel of the tank. Then finished up with some touch up painting. I forgot to put the flow control knob on the carbon reactor when I mounted that a few days ago, need to do that tommrow. The valve on the manifold my be sufficient enought to control the flow, but I have the one that came with the reactor so I might as well use it, just in case. Thought I would have the part of my light rack that holds the LEDs back by now :roll: but I don't, should get that back this week. Still don't have my 20amp wall plug done yet :roll: :roll: Had one person supposed to do it, talked to another person about doing it, and neither have made it over to the house. Bit of a rant here: Its not like I am asking them to do this for free, I am going to pay them, I have run the wires for the most part. I have the wall box mounted, ran the wire down the wall and out the box, I have the rest of the wire sitting up in the attic above where the panel box is located. All they have to do is drill a hole in the 2x4 above the panel box, run the wire into the panel box hook it up and hook up the wall plug, done. Guess they just don't need the money :lol: Rant over :lol:

bluwtr
Discus Member
My SetUp: 55g, 70#'s lr, 40#'s ls, 10 DIY acrylic sump, in sump skimmer, 1 Jebao wp20 and 2 Koralia 1050 controlled by a Smart Wave, DIY LED's--12 RB, 10 UV's and 8 CW.

Post by bluwtr » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:55 pm

Pete, let me know if they don't contact you in the next few days. I can run the wire and hook it up to the panel as long as it is a mostly straight shot. My fish tape is old and doesn't like excessive bends.

Redfish
Discus Member

Post by Redfish » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:33 am

:D Great news, :) Good news, and :( Not so good news. Starting with the :( not so good news and working my way up, the tank was supposed to have been shipped yesterday, haven't heard anything on that, so that can't be a good sign and that's the :( not so good news. :) The good news, I finished up everything that I can do to get ready. I have 120g of RO water made, know its not enough but its all the containers I have, may go buy another 32g Brute container tomorrow, that would at least get me enough water to fill the tank, but not the sump. I am planning on putting the salt in the sump and letting it mix that way instead of trying to mix the salt in all of the containers. I cut out the stand top for the drain and return line, cut a hole in the back of the stand to run the power plug for the power strip to the wall, cut a hole in the back of the stand to get the MP40s to the top of the stand from the sump area, have the controls for the MP40 mounted. Touched up the white paint on the stand where it had gotten scuffed up with all the work I was doing. Made the screen top for the quarantine tank, will wait on the top for the display tank till it gets here. No rush on that, only takes about 15 min. to make, the one for the quarantine turned out well, had to cut a hole in part of it for the HOB filter. I really have nothing else to do to get ready for the tank, kinda wish I had a smart person to take a look at what I have done to see where I might have messed up and what needs to be fixed. Ok enough stalling on to the :D :lol: GREAT News :D :lol: The Electrician is coming in the morning to hook up the dedicated 20 amp wall plug. Took two months of waiting but it should be done tomorrow.

evo832psi
Discus Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Post by evo832psi » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:11 am

I have 2 extra 32g trash cans that i just used for my change over if your want to borrow them. 228-fourtwofour-5358.

Redfish
Discus Member

Post by Redfish » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:21 am

I do and I will :D Will give you a call today Thanks

Redfish
Discus Member

Post by Redfish » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:09 pm

Good News we have a 20amp wall outlet and a compleated light rack with 3 AI LED lights hanging over :lol: the stand.

Redfish
Discus Member

Post by Redfish » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:41 pm

Let there be light

bluwtr
Discus Member

Post by bluwtr » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:29 am

Hey Pete, first the lights look AWESOME! Congrats!

Second, I checked on the modular outlet covers and we only had the end piece for the GCFI (deco), the center deco, and the center standard outlet. We did not have the standard outlet end. My coworker in electrical brought up very good suggestion: replace the regular outlets with the square deco outlets and you can then use a four-way outlet cover. The modular cover has problems of not lining up very well and the four pieces will cost about $13. Two deco outlets will run you about $6 and the cover will be $4.

Here are links to what I'm talking about.

Plug: http://www.lowes.com/pd_158869-1571-885 ... facetInfo=

Cover: http://www.lowes.com/pd_80306-1571-TP26 ... facetInfo=

Redfish
Discus Member

Post by Redfish » Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:29 am

So we got the 20 amp wall outlet installed yesterday, it has 4 plugs on the outlet, two GFI, two regular. I go to get the face plate and put it on, the guy at Lowe's sold me the :roll: wrong kind. the GFI plugs are square the other two plugs are oval shaped, the plate he sold me has four oval shaped cuts outs on it. I figure, no big deal, run back up to Lowe's and pick up the right one (side note, I sure am happy Lowe's is right around the corner from the house) The man at Lowe's informs me that they don't carry that one in stock and I would have to special order it. They have hundreds of face plates in there, all shapes and sizes, and the one I need has to be special ordered, go figure, could only happen :roll: to me. Sure most of you know about this, but I didn't, he tells me they sell a two piece face plate, GFI on one half plate and then I buy the regular oval shaped half plate, put them together and screw them onto the outlet. Here's my luck again they are out of the GFI half plate. Call Wess, for those that don't know Wess works at Lowes part time, he was working last nite, they are out of the GFI side also. So, I guess I am going to be driving around town today looking for a face plate. As you can tell by the pics above, I turned the AI LED lights on briefly last night, didn't really play with the AI controller to see what the lights looked like with just the blues on. Anyway, I plan to hook these lights up to the Neptune controller at some point down the road, but until then, my question: the AI controller has such a short cable to connect to the lights, can I buy from Radio Shack or somewhere a longer cable that would allow me to move the controller further away from the lights? In the third pic I posted above with the lights, you can see the controller hanging on the right side of the pic, I guess they are trying to keep cost down by saving on wireing. Another side note, when I took a break from the tank build yesterday, I went thru my past power bills trying to determine what it was really costing me to run the 3 250w MH lights over the old 125g tank. I figure it was costing $50 a month, am interested in seeing what the LEDs will cost. I know I get a bit long winded at time's but ya'll can't say I am not keeping you informed on whats going on. Todays project, try and make the wireing for the LED lights look a bit better, and make more RO water, Rocky is going to let me use two of his 32g Brute containes, thak you again :D that ought to allow me to have enough water to fill up the display tank, sump and the top off tank Wess made. Still can't get over how good that Top Off Tank turned out, think it will look better than the display tank will.

jjordyyall
Swordtail Member

Post by jjordyyall » Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:51 pm

this looks fantastic red fish

jjordyyall
Swordtail Member

Post by jjordyyall » Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:51 pm

this looks fantastic red fish

evo832psi
Discus Member

Post by evo832psi » Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:53 pm

Set-up is even better in person! BTW i have a feeling he will be updating this again tonight. *hint hint*

Redfish
Discus Member

Post by Redfish » Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:03 pm

We have a tank, they messed up something, its no big deal, but it will delay me getting water into the tank by about a week. I ordered the tank with a black vinyl paint on the outside of the back panel, they forgot to do this. What I found out is, the black vinyl isn't sprayed onto the tank, its a sheet, sort of like the stuff they tint car windows with, just thicker. They are sending some out and I will get it next week, just can't put water in the tank because the tank will have to be moved on the stand to put the vinyl on the tank. onto the pics