Tank Update

Anything Aquarium-Related that does not fit neatly into one of the other categories.
Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

Re: Tank Update

Post by Redfish » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:01 am

I was on the puter yesterday, which means I am setting next to the tank but I have my back to the tank. One of the fish (2 Chromis 1 Midas Blenny, The three new Anthias) tried to jump out of the tank, he hit the netting so hard that he raised the netting and frame off the top of the tank. I am sure it wasn't very far but it made a noise and it took me several min to figure out what had happened, just glad that I have that netting on the tank now. The photographer, :) wife, is still trying to get a good pic of the new fish to post but hasn't got one yet.

Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

Post by Redfish » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:28 am

A few pics, not the best but, the best we have right now. These pics don't do the Anthias any justice, the camera isn't picking up the purple colors in the fish.

Wilma, the Midas Blenny

goalk33p3r
Discus Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Post by goalk33p3r » Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:02 pm

Pete's tank looks awesome! I got a chance to look at it and it's sweet. The anthias were beautiful and after hearing about what his fish did I am now going to make a screen top also. He explained to me how simple it is so hopefully it's is. Thanks for letting borrow the power head and the can of paint I am going to start on it tonight and see how it turns out. Thanks again Pete

Sandy
Discus Member
My SetUp: 180gal saltwater reef, 6-80watt T5 lights, 2 powerheads in tank, 2 return pumps in a 40gal sump, uv sterilizer, gfo and carbon reactor.

Post by Sandy » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:30 am

Wilma sure is looking good. I am gonna have to get me one for my tank again. Love the other fish also Pete. Your tank is looking great!

Dragont
Angel Member

Post by Dragont » Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:24 am

Pete tank looks good.. Are those dispar anthias u got?

Redfish
Discus Member

Post by Redfish » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:40 am

They are Carberryi Anthias from Live Aquaira and are doing great in the tank, they also look better in person than they do in the pics. Picked up a few more snails yesterday from Roger, Gerwin took another day off again :) :) If anyone is looking for a nice Wrasse they have 2 Solar Fairy Wrasses and 2 Lubbocks Wrasses at the store. Both are on my want to buy list. but I am trying to build up my Pod population before I add anything to the tank that will eat them. They have at the store (its sold though :( someone is getting a nice looking fish) I think its a Purple Face Queen Angel, most likely I am wrong about what it is, but it sure is nice to look at. That's the one thing I hate about this hobby, I couldn't have Angels in my tank, its to small, but I could have Butterfly fish, they just aren't coral safe. Almost forgot, they have a really nice looking chalice at the store about the size of a 50 cent piece and its not that much money for a nice looking coral. I would love to have it but am sure it would die in my tank at this point, but I sure would love to have it. I was thinking of buying it and see if I could find someone to foster home it for me, but everything I have read says a tank needs to be a year old before its ready for chalices :(

Shells
Guppy Member

Post by Shells » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:18 am

Its called a Blue Faced Angel. :)

Redfish
Discus Member

Post by Redfish » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:47 am

I would love to see some pics of the tank its going in, am sure they have some other nice fish in that tank.