Tank Update

Anything Aquarium-Related that does not fit neatly into one of the other categories.
bluwtr
Discus Member
My SetUp: 55g, 70#'s lr, 40#'s ls, 10 DIY acrylic sump, in sump skimmer, 1 Jebao wp20 and 2 Koralia 1050 controlled by a Smart Wave, DIY LED's--12 RB, 10 UV's and 8 CW.

Re: Tank Update

Post by bluwtr » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:39 pm

That thing is a BEAST! Congrats Pete! :thumbup:

Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

Post by Redfish » Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:18 am

Gerwin, you have a PM with a copy of the email :( I sent DSA Aquariums addressing their lack of quality control, I am sure you will be hearing from them on this E-mail, just wanted to give you a heads up.

Gerwin
Discus Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Post by Gerwin » Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:53 am

got it, we mind as well mention the boo boo, so folks don't get left hanging,
Pete was very clear several times to me that he wanted the black vinyl put on back of tank so he did not have to mess with painting etc. The tank obviously came without it on :( , I may not have made the error but I handled the transaction so in a way, maybe I should take as much heat over it as they. They will be sending product first thing Monday morning and I hope to get it on mid week for Pete so he can get this beauty up and running as quickly as possible.

jjordyyall
Swordtail Member

Post by jjordyyall » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:27 am

hey pete what is the volume of the display sump refuge etc?

Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

Post by Redfish » Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:12 pm

jjordyyall wrote:hey pete what is the volume of the display sump refuge etc?
I really don't know, I think the tank is about 155g, the sump is a 40 breeder and will be about half full of water and the yop off tank holds about 13g, whats that 185g total vol.

jjordyyall
Swordtail Member

Post by jjordyyall » Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:49 pm

:evil: AWESOME! looks great man!! :evil:

Redfish
Discus Member

Post by Redfish » Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:16 pm

Today's progress, decided to go to Lowe's this morning and pick up some black Latex paint and paint the back of the stand. So, got the tank painted, got the Durso overflow box drain pipe made and installed. Hooked up the drain and return lines in the sump. The return line will have to be redone at a later date, had to use some 90 elbows that I didn't really want to use, but the 45s wouldn't work at this time. Also got the tank filled with RO water, still need about 25g or so to fill the overflow box and the sump, have that water making and should be ready in the morning. Also got the sand put in the tank, just have to make sure I get the live rock down into the base the sand bed when it comes time to put the rock into the tank. I will put the salt into the sump tomarrow morning and let that mix and then the rock will be ready to go into the tank..

Redfish
Discus Member

Post by Redfish » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:53 am

Made RO water all nite, this morning filled the sump, put in some extra to fill the return line, put some in the skimmer to weight that down a bit. Still didn't have quite enough water to fill the overflow box and that making right now. As soon as that is done, two years in the making and we will be cranking it up.

Scott Allen
Discus Member

Post by Scott Allen » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:54 am

The AI cords are exactly the same as mini stereo that you use to hook up an ipod in your car. You can get it in any length from radio shack or from lowes.

I'll also be available this week for the Apex hookup! So lets plan on either one night this week. Or I'll make it happen Sunday! Everything is looking GREAT!!

Redfish
Discus Member

Post by Redfish » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:46 am

The Big Let Down,,,,,, Everything that I can think of is done, recheck everything, take a break come back and recheck everything again. Its time to turn the return pump on, will I have leaks everywhere, did I do everything right, kinda afraid a bit, will be ready to yank the return pump plug if things go wrong, OK its time don't be afraid, just do it. Plug in the return pump, wait for it, wait for it, here its comes Nothing, Nada, Squat what the @#$% Unplug the pump. Plug in the manifold pump into the same outlet, works fine, plug in the skimmer, everything's good. Take the return pump out of the sump, get the old pump from the old 125g, plug it in and everything's good. Guess I got a bad pump, tapped on it a bit and got it to Hummm a bit, but it won't pump water. Anyway putting salt into the sump now.

Redfish
Discus Member

Post by Redfish » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:02 pm

Well, a bit more bad news. I had one old MP40 from the 125g tank that was about 6 months old and was working fine when I shut down the 125g, now the motor side is making some kind of noise, I shut it down. I put salt in the tank for 170g and the salt is at 1.024 in the tank, I will check it again tomorrow, if its still high, I will dilute it a bit. Got all of the rock in the tank and that's what it is, just in the tank.

evo832psi
Discus Member

Post by evo832psi » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:07 pm

Did you turn and adjust it? They have to be lined up about perfect.

evo832psi
Discus Member

Post by evo832psi » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:08 pm

BTW i keep my tank at 1.024 at all times.

Redfish
Discus Member

Post by Redfish » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:15 pm

evo832psi wrote:Did you turn and adjust it? They have to be lined up about perfect.
I didn't do that, didn't know you had to, I will say this, don't know if it will change your thoughts on the problem. I didn't set them up as a Master and slave. My bad, I was thinking you were talking about the 2 MP40s being lined up, you are talking about the wet side and the dry side, right?

evo832psi
Discus Member

Post by evo832psi » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:17 pm

If the wet side and dry side arent lined up perfectly it will sounds like a blender. lol Just turn the wetside til the noise goes away.