Tank Update

Anything Aquarium-Related that does not fit neatly into one of the other categories.
Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

Re: Tank Update

Post by Redfish » Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:38 pm

Update for today: Scott came over to the house today, what can I say but :clap: Thanks, he's got the tank all :thumbup: hooked up, this controller is way, way cool. He's got pretty much everything in the controller, manifold pump, return pump, skimmer, GFO/ Carbon reactors, heater and temperature probe, if I had what we needed to calibrate the PH probe, he would have had that on there also. I was having a problem getting the AI lights set up, Scott went thru the AI controller like it was nothing, I spent the rest of the day figuring out what he did, don't worry Scott, I didn't :lol: mess with the settings. I will say this, if you are thinking about a controller for your tank, just get one, you won't regret it. Again,,, Thanks for your help Scott.

Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

Post by Redfish » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:05 am

A bit of info that might come in handy.
I just made two screen tops for my new tank set up, display tank 48x30x25 and a 29g quarantine tank. The screen I ordered from BRS, the metal for the border I got from Lowe's with the 5/16 inch corner pieces. The 29g top was made first and came out great, the display tank, not so good. After I made the top on the floor and put it on top of the tank, the top was racked a bit because the 48' metal on the front and back of the top was sucked in towards the middle of the top because I was trying to get the screen as tight as I could. I went back to Lowe's to get a thicker metal, they didn't carry it. Home Depot on the other hand did have a thicker metal that took a 7/16 corner pieces. Remade the top, came out perfect.

Scott Allen
Discus Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Post by Scott Allen » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:26 pm

Redfish wrote:Update for today: Scott came over to the house today, what can I say but :clap: Thanks, he's got the tank all :thumbup: hooked up, this controller is way, way cool. He's got pretty much everything in the controller, manifold pump, return pump, skimmer, GFO/ Carbon reactors, heater and temperature probe, if I had what we needed to calibrate the PH probe, he would have had that on there also. I was having a problem getting the AI lights set up, Scott went thru the AI controller like it was nothing, I spent the rest of the day figuring out what he did, don't worry Scott, I didn't :lol: mess with the settings. I will say this, if you are thinking about a controller for your tank, just get one, you won't regret it. Again,,, Thanks for your help Scott.
Glad I could help you get it all set up! You are going to have an awesome system that's for sure!! And it's your lights, mess all you want! Hopefully they are dimming like they were supposed to now. It's hard to really tell till you sit there and watch it happen over a day.

Redfish
Discus Member

Post by Redfish » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:53 am

We have a hitchicker

He dosn't belong to me though :roll: Sandy give me a shout if you want him back. He came out a piece of live Rock Sandy was keeping for me. I put a piece of seaweed in the tank to see if he would eat that, not much else in the tank. I saw him picking at the live rock that he hitch hicked a ride on.

Sandy
Discus Member
My SetUp: 180gal saltwater reef, 6-80watt T5 lights, 2 powerheads in tank, 2 return pumps in a 40gal sump, uv sterilizer, gfo and carbon reactor.

Post by Sandy » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:39 pm

That lil basstad done gone and moved on up in the world! You can keep him Pete! :D I have seen them eat pellets before. I'm sure he is happier living in the castle instead of the pump house! :lol: :lol:

Scott Allen
Discus Member

Post by Scott Allen » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:23 pm

Man, those are great shots!! What kind of camera?

Redfish
Discus Member

Post by Redfish » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:00 pm

Its the wife's Nikon, She is starting to get the hang of the new camera. Be glad when I have a few corals to try it out on.

Redfish
Discus Member

Post by Redfish » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:07 am

I got the Wet & Dry sides from EcoTech yesterday for the MP40 that was causing me problems, everything is worrking fine now. What a great company to deal with.

Redfish
Discus Member

Post by Redfish » Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:22 pm

Top Off tank on line and working :D I love this thing already. No more having to pick up the water bottle twice a day to replace water. Gerwin gave me the go a head, we now have a Midas Blenny in the tank, Berts going to love that when she gets home and sees her.

Gerwin
Discus Member

Post by Gerwin » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:53 am

hey Pete we got the Alk test done it was 3.3, which is in acceptable range for reef tanks with 3.5 -4 meql being what I normally suggest. hopefully get to Calcium today

Redfish
Discus Member

Post by Redfish » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:37 am

I know its not summer time and our humidity hasn't been that bad, but the new tank with the LEDs over it is using alot less top off water then the old 125g, 250w MH lit tank was using. I was using 5g every 2 1/2 days in the 125g, figure I am using a gal. a day in the new tank.

Redfish
Discus Member

Post by Redfish » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:46 am

:D :D :mrgreen: Have a great update this morning. No one has the Carberri Anthias and I have been looking everyday for like three weeks. I go into LiveAquaria last nite to set up a email alert just in case, I get the email alert this morning, got 3 ordered with priority over night, so hopefully I will get a tracking number today saying they will be delivered tomorrow morning. They will be the first fish into the new quarantine tank.

Redfish
Discus Member

Post by Redfish » Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:38 am

Well, have a great update and a not so great update. The fish came in, and are in good shape :) I didn't put them into the quarantine tank though, they went into the display tank, I know :roll: I shouldn't have done that, but I did. One stayed out all day swimming with the 2 G. Chromis and the Midas Blenny, the other two stayed hidden in the rocks all day, I didn't see any of the new :( fish eat though hopefully they will today, they sure are a nice looking fish. I have been reporting everything I have done in the tank build, so I might as well report the bad as well. Picked up a small sps frag from the store, I am planning to buy all my fish, slowly before I buy corals for the tank, but I had to see what would happen with a coral in the tank. I would say that 80% of the coral died within 24 hours of it going into the tank. I figured that would happen, but was hoping that it didn't. I think the lights were to bright for it, Gerwin isn't so sure, what ever the reason, I was a bit disappointed. As Soon as all 3 fish are out swimming, I will get a pic to post.

Sandy
Discus Member
My SetUp: 180gal saltwater reef, 6-80watt T5 lights, 2 powerheads in tank, 2 return pumps in a 40gal sump, uv sterilizer, gfo and carbon reactor.

Post by Sandy » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:57 pm

Pete, you should get a coral from me to put in your tank like we talked about. That way it is no big deal if something happens.
How are the fish doing now?

Redfish
Discus Member

Post by Redfish » Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:33 pm

Fish are doing great, will try and get a pic posted of them. :) I don't want to kill anymore corals :( so I will wait a while before I try anything else. I am not in any hurry.