Tank Cycling

Anything Aquarium-Related that does not fit neatly into one of the other categories.
Jamilw1989
Discus Member
My SetUp: Three tanks: 5 gallon used as a nursery; 10 gallon, has four small guppies and four micky mouse fish and three neons, 20 gallon, male, and female swordtail, male and female platy male guppy three baby guppies don't know what they are yet and three baby platies.

Tank Cycling

Post by Jamilw1989 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:51 pm

Ok so i have been letting my tank cycle for the past 3 weeks with some goldfish. and i was wondering if it would be a good time to take them out and go to the next level up on the fishy todum poll which would be platies. but before i put the next stage of fish in should i knock out the amonia? the reason i am asking is becuase i put 10 goldfish in that tank and they are all alive but one and the one that died was killed by the other 9. the reason why i am asking is because my dad bought a ten gallon tank to move his fish in when his tank crashed and burned so to say and right now he has 6 angel fish in that tank that we just bought to put in there and all he did was put in water out of the tap and then put in decorinator. and they are all good so that is why i was wondering if it would be ok to go to the next level and would the amonia just eventually go away with bacteria build up?