Ashamed

Anything Aquarium-Related that does not fit neatly into one of the other categories.
brianjoy81
Discus Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Ashamed

Post by brianjoy81 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:50 pm

I recently moved from Biloxi to South Carolina. One I was the first things I did was find the LFS so i could buy some live rocks to get my tank started. I asked to see the live rocks and they were horrible. Im use to the nice clean rocks at Gerwin' s. These were plucked from the ocean floor and had all kind crap growing on them and not pretty stuff. So I went home and ordered live rocks online. O the shammmmmeee lol. You will never find another fish store like Gerwin's. Just Fish is kinda like the old TV shows Cheers! You feel like part of the family there! This new place does not have that feel at all.

P.S. Don't tell anyone I ordered live rocks online. People have been killed for less haha.

brianjoy81
Discus Member

Re: Ashamed

Post by brianjoy81 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:56 pm

And the Rocks at the LFS in SC were 12.99 per lb WTF!!!!

Scott Allen
Discus Member

Post by Scott Allen » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:39 pm

Where did you order from? BRS /marco rocks/ reefcleaners.org all have great dry rock. It will take longer to cycle but it's hell of a lot cheaper and it's good porous stuff. You can get a bottle of Dr. Tims one and only live nitrifying bacteria and it will greatly speed up the cycle.

Finding a good LFS is like finding hobby gold. Here on the coast we are very fortunate. The horror stories I have heard from friends around the country make me appreciate our guys all the more.

brianjoy81
Discus Member

Post by brianjoy81 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:45 pm

Live Aquaria

Scott Allen
Discus Member

Post by Scott Allen » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:50 pm

If you don't find a decent LFS make sure to join a forum like 3reef so you can get in on BRS group buys and forum sponsor specials and discounts. Makes buying online a little cheaper. Not nearly as good as a great LFS, but better than being on your own.

brianjoy81
Discus Member

Post by brianjoy81 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:18 pm

I still call Gerwin from SC haha. When I saw the rocks I called Gerwin asking questions!