the salt life!

Blog the Progress of Your Aquarium
acbaro
Angel Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Re: the salt life!

Post by acbaro » Tue May 15, 2012 10:06 pm

Redfish wrote::roll: I miss read what you posted and went back and re read it today. I thought :crazy: I read you had 1 Watchman Goby in the tank and were getting another one. I missed the part about the first one dieing.

Yea it died :(. I'm hoping the next time we get one it won't die, By then though the tank should be better established. As for the projects of the day, I got two things done. One being my screen/ egg crate top, second being my sump made out of a 10 gallon. Let me know what you guys think. My only problem is the return side of it, if you're looking at the sump, the right hand side is my intake and where my skimmer will be. Then you have the baffles 1" apart from each other and the middle one being 1" from the bottom. The left side, My return side, is a total of 8-9" and I want to build my refugium into it and have my pump there. Now how can i set that up? split the difference with a piece of glass or can I place two pieces of glass about 4 inches from the left wall with a 3" gap between the two and screen it so the macro algae doesn't get sucked up. I hope I explained that right and you see what I'm talking about. The wall will be a total of 9" from bottom to top along with the baffles being 9". So It'll be 2 3" pieces of glass with a 3" gap between the two. Let me know what will work because I want something bigger than my HOB filter as my refugium.

Thanks! Now onto the pics!

The almost finished product of the sump.. don't mind the silicone job, I know it isn't a very pretty site :lol:. Let me know if there is anything that will work for the return side.

Top view of the soon to be sump. There is about 8" of space on the right side and 9" of space on the left side. The whole tank is 10" wide.

And here is the top for the tank. It may not look like much but it definitely gets the job done and I don't think it was too bad for my first time screening :lol:.

Thanks for looking

Anthony

Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

Post by Redfish » Tue May 15, 2012 10:21 pm

I have tried a Watchman Goby in my tank twice, and then gave up after the second try.

acbaro
Angel Member

Post by acbaro » Wed May 16, 2012 9:47 am

Whys that? Is it difficult?

Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

Post by Redfish » Wed May 16, 2012 9:53 am

Haven't a clue, the only thing I can think of is that they were both really small fish, maybe that had something to do with it, or maybe it was my tank, don't know.

acbaro
Angel Member

Post by acbaro » Wed May 16, 2012 1:06 pm

I don't know if the pictures are working or not because everytime I check they don't show up some I'm going to post them again. These pictures are in relation with my above post. Let me know If my Idea will work! thanks.

gpd605x
Guppy Member

Post by gpd605x » Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:23 pm

ANY UPDATES? TANK LOOKS GREAT

Gerwin
Discus Member

Post by Gerwin » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:16 pm

he moved to miami :(