Problem With New Dosing Pumps

Anything Aquarium-Related that does not fit neatly into one of the other categories.
fire905safety
Guppy Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Problem With New Dosing Pumps

Post by fire905safety » Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:36 pm

I bought two new dosing pumps that i can't get them to prime. I have swapped the hoses around to make sure they weren't backwards. I tried filling the tubes with water to see if that might help. The dial on the bottom is spinning but nothing seems to want to go into the pumps.

fire905safety
Guppy Member

Re: Problem With New Dosing Pumps

Post by fire905safety » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:03 pm

So after a couple of hours of tinkering with it, its finally fixed. I had to suck on the discharge line of one of the pumps until it finally primed. Next problem, i sucked on the other pump until i had a headache. At this point I had to go watch an episode of Tanked that i had DVR'd. This allowed my headache to go away so that I could think. Then it came to me....I hooked the discharge of one pump to the intake of the other, and Wam Bam Thank ya Mam' they were primed. This seemed to be a little excessive to me but, hey everything seems to be working. Next problem is... I finally have everything in place and my tank is up and running, I have taken hundreds of pictures and have no idea how to post them on here. I have set up a Picasa account and loaded them to there. I might need some help from here...

Gerwin
Discus Member

Re: Problem With New Dosing Pumps

Post by Gerwin » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:14 pm

you should be able to right click on pic, then hit the copy image location, then paste it here , highlight it, then hit that image button on the toolbar right above where you are typing...that my extent of understanding the pic thingy...but there are many post on here giving pic posting advise, you gotta hunt them down :thumbup: