Saw the Prettiest Coral Today

Anything Aquarium-Related that does not fit neatly into one of the other categories.
Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

Saw the Prettiest Coral Today

Post by Redfish » Tue May 15, 2012 8:50 pm

Went over to Sandy's today (looking at a great tank never gets old) and even though I have seen her tank on several occasions, I had never seen this coral in there before. Its a recordia, at first glance I thought it was a Carpet Anemone, at second glance, I still thought it was a Carpet Anemone, its about the size of a hard ball, pretty big for a recordia. The polyps inside the outer edge of the coral are orange and green and I would swear there are also some blue polyps in the mix also. This coral has a outer ring of polyps all the way around the recordia that are green also, the kicker is, this green ring is a different shade of green than the green polyps on the inside of the recordia. Very impressive, maybe we can get her to get a pic posted of this coral.

Sandy
Discus Member
My SetUp: 180gal saltwater reef, 6-80watt T5 lights, 2 powerheads in tank, 2 return pumps in a 40gal sump, uv sterilizer, gfo and carbon reactor.

Re: Saw the Prettiest Coral Today

Post by Sandy » Tue May 15, 2012 10:13 pm

Thanks Pete! :mrgreen: I will try to get a pic the first chance I get tomorrow.

Sandy
Discus Member
My SetUp: 180gal saltwater reef, 6-80watt T5 lights, 2 powerheads in tank, 2 return pumps in a 40gal sump, uv sterilizer, gfo and carbon reactor.

Post by Sandy » Wed May 16, 2012 9:57 pm

This is the best I can do for now. Thanks for the kind words Pete!

Scott Allen
Discus Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Post by Scott Allen » Thu May 17, 2012 9:22 am

That's pretty darn sweet sandy!!

Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

Post by Redfish » Thu May 17, 2012 5:01 pm

You really have to see this thing in person. Nottt :lol: saying anything about Sandys picture taking, but that pic dosn't do the coral any justice. Its hard to get the colors to show up. I would like to know how those online coral companies do it.

Scott Allen
Discus Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Post by Scott Allen » Thu May 17, 2012 7:21 pm

Redfish wrote:You really have to see this thing in person. Nottt :lol: saying anything about Sandys picture taking, but that pic dosn't do the coral any justice. Its hard to get the colors to show up. I would like to know how those online coral companies do it.
They take the shot in an inch of water straight down under 400 watt 20k lights. Turn all your flow off and look down at your corals. Between that and DSLR with effective white balance (and not to mention a lot of them are photoshopping) you can get amazing colors to show.