What have you done for your tank this week?

Blog the Progress of Your Aquarium
Shadow1
Discus Member
My SetUp: 300DD Reef, 30 Nuvo Breeding Clowns, 30 QT/Grow out.

Re: What have you done for your tank this week?

Post by Shadow1 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:21 am

The only auto anything on my system is ELOS ATO, and the EcoTech stuff well 3 dosers too. No Apex not sure why I need it.
When ECoTech Live went on line I tried to use it got frustrated and went back to the old control system. Tried agin a couple weeks ago and the server was off line so while one software was open I switched to the other system and freaked my lights out. Once tech support got it cleared up using ESL is simple just,click and go.

captbenjy
Guppy Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Post by captbenjy » Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:33 am

Ok thanks. Was just wondering. I want to run the apex because of the time I spend away from home working and also camping. Seems like a great idea to be able to monitor the tank remotely plus have all the built in fail safes. Wondering if getting the wxm module to control the mp40s is worth it though?

Shadow1
Discus Member

Post by Shadow1 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:02 am

We leave 3 or 4 times a year but I have a house sitter that knows the tank and our dogs, if I was gone like you I probably would look into a lot more automation. Other than mixing salt you can automate almost everything on one if you are willing to dedicate the space and $'s to it....
MP40's can be programmed even to go into night and feed mode if you want, with ESL I can even set up to 6 week acclimation mode to lower lights to 50% then ramp up over as long as 6 weeks back to 100%. Pumps are controlled by it too. They are talking like the full wireless control will work with the MP's too.

Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

Post by Redfish » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:26 am

My list for today:
1- Figure out why I can't shut the return pump off thru the Apex from my Deck top.
2- Clean the Algae Scrubber Screen
3- Take the Bio Pellet Reactor off line (am running PO 4X4 in it)
4- Install the New NexReef Reactor , will be running GFO in this reactor
5- Give the MP 40's a Vinegar Bath,,, I know just the Wet Side :)
6- Do a water change in the tank
7- I picked up the other Battery Back Up for the second MP 40 need to get those wires hid in the cable trays
8- Figure out some place to mount the two Transformers for the Algae Scrubber
9- Last on the list: Go to the Apex Users Guide I have down loaded on the puter, do some reading on how to install the Alga Scrubber lights into the Apex.

Xfactor1315
Swordtail Member

Post by Xfactor1315 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:20 am

Wxm with liter meter is awesome. I should be able to go 3 weeks without changing/filling top off. Auto water change along with it makes life very easy.

Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

Post by Redfish » Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:44 pm

Redfish wrote:My list for today:
1- Figure out why I can't shut the return pump off thru the Apex from my Deck top.
2- Clean the Algae Scrubber Screen
3- Take the Bio Pellet Reactor off line (am running PO 4X4 in it)
4- Install the New NexReef Reactor , will be running GFO in this reactor
5- Give the MP 40's a Vinegar Bath,,, I know just the Wet Side :)
6- Do a water change in the tank
7- I picked up the other Battery Back Up for the second MP 40 need to get those wires hid in the cable trays
8- Figure out some place to mount the two Transformers for the Algae Scrubber
9- Last on the list: Go to the Apex Users Guide I have down loaded on the puter, do some reading on how to install the Alga Scrubber lights into the Apex.
Got most of it done :D Didn't figure out why I can't turn the return pump off thru the Desk Top and didn't get the Battery Back Up wire's hid.
The hoses to the NexReef Reactor were the wrong size for my Manifold System (as is usely the case) took two trips and a half a day to get it done.
Water flow in the tank increased a ton when I cleaned the MP 40s, :lol: Yea I know you told me so G man :lol:

Shadow1
Discus Member

Post by Shadow1 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:13 am

Tested levels mixed up CA for doser, filled ATO reservoir, went and had a new Grandbaby born came home and sat and watched the fish swim and coral grow..... :thumbup:
A Good Day.

Redfish
Discus Member

Post by Redfish » Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:39 am

:D :clap: Congrats on the new Grandbaby :thumbup:

Shadow1
Discus Member

Post by Shadow1 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:19 pm

Saturday made the run to Just Fish to get some frozen food, wound up with 4 new Acros and a bunch of food.

Redfish
Discus Member

Post by Redfish » Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:16 pm

Did a water change today, pretty much have the tank back to pre LED problems. Going to start testing the water in the tank every other day to try and hit some good SPS numbers. Will try and keep a log: what the numbers are at the start, how much I dose and all of that, maybe post those numbers at some point. Those looked like some nice Acros in Sandys pics Richard :)

Shadow1
Discus Member

Post by Shadow1 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:21 pm

Bought all but the stag and the one Becky calls "green turds"

Redfish
Discus Member

Post by Redfish » Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:29 pm

:lol: Green Turds, must have missed that one.

Sandy
Discus Member
My SetUp: 180gal saltwater reef, 6-80watt T5 lights, 2 powerheads in tank, 2 return pumps in a 40gal sump, uv sterilizer, gfo and carbon reactor.

Post by Sandy » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:56 am

I am curious,,, which one is the "green turds"?
Congrats on the new Grandbaby!!!

Shadow1
Discus Member

Post by Shadow1 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:24 pm

Bright Green Acro that looks like a bunch of Green Moose Turds stuck together, yes I lived in Alaska and know what Moose Turds look like...... :mrgreen:

I am not a named coral type Gerwin would know if he remembers Becky told him.

CoralShoppin
Minnow Member

Post by CoralShoppin » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:25 am

This week I did a 20 gal. water change and I replaced one of my T5 bulbs. Cleaned my Protein Skimmer. Normal things but the one thing I am having trouble with is the pump for my phos.reactor. It is the 3rd. one I had put on it and I cant get it tumbling as much as I want. Anyway.. that is what I did beside the feeding that I do twice a day. Oh I did frag a few pieces too. Normal wk here :)
Once again tried to post a pic. It says cant upload.. so dont know why..