New Coral

Share Photos of Your Fish and Aquariums
Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

New Coral

Post by Redfish » Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:53 pm

My new coral from our Favorite LFS last nite, forgot what Gerwin called it. Its the tall green catcus looking thing.

jenningsxxx
Guppy Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Re: New Coral

Post by jenningsxxx » Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:10 pm

Looks nice! How are your other SPS Corals doing?

Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

Post by Redfish » Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:04 pm

They are doing great, a snail busted a piece off the birds nest, then I broke another smallll piece off of it, but they are both doing and looking good.

Redfish
Discus Member

Post by Redfish » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:48 am

Let me add the BOP is starting to get a bump on the top where a new branch is going to pop out. When you don't have many sps corals, little things make you happy, also means my water qulity must be half way right.

Redfish
Discus Member

Post by Redfish » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:37 pm

Well, another shipment came into our LFS today and I couldn't resist LOL

Gerwin
Discus Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Post by Gerwin » Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:26 pm

so, after I got slow at the shop I did a little reading on the Purple Monster discussion we had, and I guess this would fall under the Purple Monster-Like classification IF it turns dark purple like the collector said...so I guess you were both kinda right. I must say it was a interesting article, of which I only remember key points but the way the polyps grow on the real deal are def. different and vary rare....so it has little to do with color as much as shape of colony. Thanks for making me smarter yet again Pete :wink:

Either way its a beautiful piece!!!

btw where are your phosphates now?

Redfish
Discus Member

Post by Redfish » Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:50 am

The coral kinda looks like an ORA Pearlberry to me, and your right what ever it is, its a nice coral. I am going to check the Phosphates today.

Redfish
Discus Member

Post by Redfish » Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:52 am

The Purple Monster dosn't have to be purple, it all depends as you always tell, on your lights, lol :lol:

Sandy
Discus Member
My SetUp: 180gal saltwater reef, 6-80watt T5 lights, 2 powerheads in tank, 2 return pumps in a 40gal sump, uv sterilizer, gfo and carbon reactor.

Post by Sandy » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:44 pm

Very nice Pete, when they start out growing your tank I want dibs on a frag. Please! :mrgreen: I know it will be a while.
Have we seen a whole tank shot of your tank? If not, please post one up, would love to see it!

Redfish
Discus Member

Post by Redfish » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:48 am

I will try and get one, My wife is the picture taker in this operation and we have a hard time getting a good FTS. You have to back up a tad to far to get a pic where you can see the stuff in the tank. And you will be the first to get a frag, iffff I can keep them alive, but my other two SPS corals seem to be doing good and growing, slow but growing. Well really not slow, I have only had them about three weeks but they are putting on some new growth.l