This is the best filter out there.....

Tanks, Filtration, & Lighting Discussion
Gerwin
Discus Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

This is the best filter out there.....

Post by Gerwin » Thu Dec 09, 2004 11:29 pm

how many times have you read that? or were told that?

I feel there are many, many good filters out there, most all will work if you do your part (water changes, feeding, stocking) right. My advice to those who want to research and not just take my opinion, find something that you think is cool, or interesting. Let me know and I will work with you around that concept, not push my will or what works for me. The beauty of doing this hobby for almost 30 years is the seeing of so many successful aquariums with so many different filtering ideas.
Now that does not mean we do not have opinions, but I base mine off the needs of the hobbyist, location and how much time they are willing to spend with the tank.
Have at it !

Archie
Discus Member

Post by Archie » Tue Dec 28, 2004 6:26 am

agreed, one filter is not better than the other(in the sense of biological filtration), they all serve the basic principal.

C-21 USAF
Discus Member

Re: This is the best filter out there.....

Post by C-21 USAF » Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:14 pm

For reef aquaria...I'd say buy the best skimmer you can afford...its the biggest percentage of your filtration prior to the live rock/biological having to do its job. This is of course if you buy into the need for a skimmer :shock:

Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

Post by Redfish » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:41 am

I read something one time that a man posted that I agree with, He said " there are certin things in a SW Tank that you don't want to use the old adage " buy the best you can afford " His advice on buying a skimmer and a few other things was to save and buy the best.

Gerwin
Discus Member

Post by Gerwin » Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:25 am

well you can see from the date of the first post I made, my opinion is still the same. It must be nice for you guys to know you are not dealing with a wishy washy change with the polls kind of guy 8)

guitarest
Discus Member

Post by guitarest » Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:17 pm

Like me.............. lol