Just a Thank you to YOU!

Your Host Shares His Random Thoughts and Observations
Gerwin
Discus Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Just a Thank you to YOU!

Post by Gerwin » Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:24 am

In the course of a week we get many new folks who come by the shop , many for the reason they were told by someone, who is doing or has done business with us at some point in the last 39 years and always I am told, they were instructed to:

" Go to that little blue shop, that guy wont steer you wrong, or wont B.S. you "

In life few things can make you feel as good as knowing you have a reputation for taking care of those who support you and your business.

Likewise few things can bring you down like those who act as if you know nothing or are not knowledgeable at anything you have done for near 4 decades, trumping almost anything / anyone out there in the hobby(yes, yes even before the internet,). Its true, I admit, I cannot be a expert on every single aspect, mainly because I am not a computer and if I am its gonna be one with very little RAM :lol: and a small hard drive (somehow I feel like I have opened myself up there for abuse).
To be able to help folks on subjects of Plants, ponds, reefs, marine, turtles, livebearers, tetras, cichlids, inverts, diseases, cures and on and on, sometimes I amaze myself I can even remember any of it!

But for those who have seen the value of having someone around and his son (and their friends),
Not only believing in us but putting their own reputation on the line by recommending us,
know I understand what that means and THANK YOU so much

MPowell
Discus Member

Re: Just a Thank you to YOU!

Post by MPowell » Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:56 pm

Well, Thank you for taking care of us and leading us in the right direction.

Shadow1
Discus Member
My SetUp: 300DD Reef, 30 Nuvo Breeding Clowns, 30 QT/Grow out.

Post by Shadow1 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:27 pm

Both you and Roger have heard and seen my comments, I feel our success / piss ant brokedness and overall enjoyment of this hobby is due to that first visit when you refused to sell a fish to some lady because it was not compatible with the rest of her system. :clap:

smtwinn
Angel Member

Post by smtwinn » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:42 am

I for one Gerwin, that Roger and yourself are the ONLY reason I am in this hobby! Just seeing that you actually care about your customers wallet and the well being of their aquarium, makes this hobby that much more enjoyable. I know for a fact that I wouldn't be anywhere close to where I'm at now. Without y'all's help and actual concern I would have never bought that 29 gal tank and started this addiction! So THANK YOU all the help. THAT'S HOW YOU RUN A BUSINESS!!!!

2dogsart
Minnow Member

Post by 2dogsart » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:21 pm

Thank you for the beautiful tank I have now!
Thank you for all the help!
Thank you for all the great advice!

mknightryder
Minnow Member

Post by mknightryder » Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:04 pm

Well Thank You for all that you do for us! Guys I travel from the Hammond, La. area monthly to the Biloxi Va and I make dang sure my appointments are on days I can stop by and see Roger and the Gman. They have helped me tremendously with my 90g reef & 75g cichlid set-ups. Last month I told Gerwin I had an aquaclear110 hob filter giving me fits. The motor started making some awful racket, so I unplugged it.( cichlids musta got down one night cause the entire filter was full of sand). Gerwin GAVE me a motor he had and it works like brand new now. He told me to bring in my old motor and that's that. So I will on the 18th. that's my bday too. Hint Hint... He could have shrugged his shoulders or SOLD me another, but he gave me one! These two are alright in my book and I'll continue to do business with them long after my Va appointment days are through. Road Trip!!!

bluwtr
Discus Member
My SetUp: 55g, 70#'s lr, 40#'s ls, 10 DIY acrylic sump, in sump skimmer, 1 Jebao wp20 and 2 Koralia 1050 controlled by a Smart Wave, DIY LED's--12 RB, 10 UV's and 8 CW.

Post by bluwtr » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:13 am

Great local stores are always the way to go especially given the overall crappy economy. Gerwin and Roger have always helped me and have truly become friends. I know my tank isn't perfect, but they have never failed to offer help or solutions when I have had problems. Great guys and a great store. At my second job I sometimes run across people looking to start aquariums and such and this is the only place I will send them. Thanks for being a great place to shop and s.t.s.!! :thumbup:

Kirk_m
Guppy Member

Post by Kirk_m » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:38 pm

Just Fish is over an hour from me, right outside of New Orleans, but, after just one visit, I will be back. There was some pretty primo livestock there when I went last week, and, the prices weren't obscene. The place was packed with customers, which is something I haven't seen in an LFS in ages locally. Gerwin was really friendly to my family, and joked around with my two kids about Daddy spending all their college funds. The place reminded me of the old-school shops I went to as a child back in the 70s and 80s.

Gerwin
Discus Member

Post by Gerwin » Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:51 am

What Funny Kirk is I was here in the 70-80"s too, but I was just a kid too :thumbup:

captbenjy
Guppy Member

Post by captbenjy » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:10 pm

I don't get down there as much as I'd like but I love the store. I remember calling from an LFS in Hattiesburg that didn't have time for me while I was standing in his store. 5 mins. on the phone with Gerwin and I was southbound on 49 to pick up my first reef tank.

Thanks for being honest and not just trying to make a sale. Although it sucked to be told that I couldn't buy this or do that yet, it's probably the reason I'm still in the hobby.