Tunze wave box IN STOCK!

Saltwater Fish & Invertebrates Discussion
Gerwin
Discus Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Tunze wave box IN STOCK!

Post by Gerwin » Thu Dec 23, 2004 9:41 am

wow, i could be one of the few to have these hot potatoes in stock! I womder at 5 bills, how long I will have them :shock:

Arch , why don't you give us a run down on these babies...

Archie
Discus Member

Post by Archie » Fri Dec 24, 2004 6:32 am

leave it to tunze to come up with an ingenious idea.
ahh, the power of the wavebox.
http://www.tunze.com/Interzoo-Neuheiten ... vebox.html
this simple(ha, ha, ha) device uses the principal of resonance(same principal as in the function of speakers) to generate waves within an aquarium. as you can see in the video the device makes awesome
rolling waves within the aquarium.

more suited for reef type aquariums, but fish only aquariums will also benefit from the natural type of waves that fish are acustomed to in the wild.

now, i do not have first hand experience with the wavebox, but have been using other tunze products the past few years, and i all can say is that tunze makes an exceptional first class products for the aquarium market.,

here is some more info on wavebox and other tunze products
http://www.tunze.com/Interzoo-Neuheiten ... _E_USD.pdf

and NO i do not work for tunze.

Gerwin
Discus Member

Post by Gerwin » Mon Dec 27, 2004 7:30 pm

Arch and I could no longer stand, having this on the shelf wondering how it worked, soooooooo christmas eve, we installed one on my 180 tank, commonly refered to as the "Dead Sea" :lol: thats another story though.

After we installed and did some tweaking, it does in fact make a surging wave, from side to side. Really cool, it rises and drops about 1-1.25 inches from side to side. We were curious as to the effect of a overflow placed on one side of the tank, affecting its performance. If it does, its not enough to keep the wave effect from occuring.

Now, is it worth the money?? at 500 bux its steep, but again after Arch and I drank a few cups of coffee and pondered the thought, we decided yes. Why? becauseit would cost that much to create a wave or more, with 2-4 tunze turbel streams and controllers.

Bottom line...imo....if you are willing to drop this kind of money to create a wave effect in the tank, this device does a fantastic job at a fair price.

we will review this thread and keep you updated as the unit breaks in, also to answer any Q's you may have.

Archie
Discus Member

wavebox in action

Post by Archie » Sun Jan 23, 2005 12:30 pm