Wanted: Gold Stripe Maroon Clownfish pair

Members May Post Items FS, FT, WTB Here.
russell_wiley
Guppy Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Wanted: Gold Stripe Maroon Clownfish pair

Post by russell_wiley » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:04 am

I am looking for a pair of gold stripes. If you have a pair to get rid of, and I know it's a long shot, please message me.

Thanks,
Russ

Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

Re: Wanted: Gold Stripe Maroon Clownfish pair

Post by Redfish » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:11 am

JMO here :) I would advice against getting this type of a Clown Fish, unless you really know what you are getting. The first tank that I had set up, I had a pair of Maroon Clown Fish in that tank, geez that turned out to be a disaster. This type of Clown fish, at least the female, gets pretty big, but that wasn't the down side to the pair I had, everything was fine with this fish, until she got big. The female would spend half her time, in the RBTA that was in the tank, the other half of her time was spent turning my sand bed into a sand storm in the tank. I don't know if they are all like the pair I had, I just wanted you too know what you might be getting if you put this fish for your tank :) They are a cool looking fish, but if I were to ever get another pair, I wouldn't have sand in the tank.

russell_wiley
Guppy Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Re: Wanted: Gold Stripe Maroon Clownfish pair

Post by russell_wiley » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:31 pm

Thank you! I've had them before, but I actually just picked up a pair of Clarkii's at Pass Road Pets. Now I just need to get some corals in the tank. It's looking pretty bare.

Thanks,
Russ