My New Sump Design

Tanks, Filtration, & Lighting Discussion
phisher
Discus Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Re: My New Sump Design

Post by phisher » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:33 am

Ahh ok I thought the left side was for the return.

Yea 10" is a lot of drop, depending on the amount of volume you plan to run this could be loud and might splash and make a salt creep nightmare. You could add step down partitions 15" and 13" a few inches apart to help if you have the room.

Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

Post by Redfish » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:08 pm

This wan't my idea, but I think it might be a good one. I was told to place the baffle at an angle.

Gerwin
Discus Member

Post by Gerwin » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:50 pm

been out of town sorry for no replies, but since its ordered, just make the best and overcome!

Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

Post by Redfish » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:19 pm

Its not ordered yet, I sent him the plans and I am waiting on a price. I think I am going to make the Blue, green and yellow baffles taller. I thought the skimmer that I want, needed 6 to 10 inches of water to operate, it needs 8 to 10 inches. I think I will make the blue baffle 10", the green one 11" and the yellow one 9". This is the skimmer I am wanting http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/store/pro ... immer.html

Its not 6 foot tall :lol: but it will do.

Gerwin
Discus Member

Post by Gerwin » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:01 pm

its a good skimmer,
I should be able to match price for you and I will give you 10,000 Love points for buying from me :mrgreen:

Redfish
Discus Member

Post by Redfish » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:46 pm

I want to order a couple of other reactors and a Kalk stirrer also.

Sandy
Discus Member
My SetUp: 180gal saltwater reef, 6-80watt T5 lights, 2 powerheads in tank, 2 return pumps in a 40gal sump, uv sterilizer, gfo and carbon reactor.

Post by Sandy » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:33 pm

Holy crap batman,,,, love points????? I ain't never been offered any of those!!! What'cha gotta buy to get those babies??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Redfish
Discus Member

Post by Redfish » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:50 am

:lol: Sandy, your to funny :lol:

Gerwin
Discus Member

Post by Gerwin » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:05 am

Sandy wrote:Holy crap batman,,,, love points????? I ain't never been offered any of those!!! What'cha gotta buy to get those babies??? :lol: :lol: :lol:
well I noticed if you bought from NRS they offered like 5000 points for something...well since I cannot do that I figured double up on love points.....and Mrs Sandy you know we show you the love all the time! :P

Redfish
Discus Member

Post by Redfish » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:29 pm

I sent the builder the new plans today by fax. I made the skimmer section bigger to 20 inches wide and raised the first skimmer baffle to 10 inches. The return section is now 15 inches wide by 9 inches deep. The refugium section is now 15 inches deep by 22 inches wide and I did away with the top off section.

Gerwin
Discus Member

Post by Gerwin » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:51 am

Im sure you already considered this but make sure you know the operating level specs of the skimmer you intend to use or your first baffle could be to high

Redfish
Discus Member

Post by Redfish » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:59 am

Its 8 to 10 inches and I have the baffle wall set at 10 inches, so I should be alright, shouldn't I?

Gz28
Discus Member

Post by Gz28 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:39 am

Any update? is it installed yet? how do you like it?

Redfish
Discus Member

Post by Redfish » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:08 am

I am still waiting on a price. The company has been really busy with two big plastic tank jobs. I told them that I am in no hurry, but I should hear from them soon, maybe today and I can't wait. As soon as I hear something I will let ya'll know.

Gerwin
Discus Member

Post by Gerwin » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:55 am

Redfish wrote:Its 8 to 10 inches and I have the baffle wall set at 10 inches, so I should be alright, shouldn't I?
if someone told me 8-10 inches is the best height I would do 9, giving myself some margin for error