Here it is

Tanks, Filtration, & Lighting Discussion
Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

Here it is

Post by Redfish » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:08 am

Feel free to pick it apart. I would rather have your input before I have it built. Left to right: skimmer section - foot print of the skimmer 13x17, return section, refugium, then top off water.

Gerwin
Discus Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Re: Here it is

Post by Gerwin » Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:43 am

the green one needs to come up of the bottom,
how did you plan on moving top off to pump section out of curiosity?
every tank and every setup varies, not sure if this is the best way or not for top off but it is a "way"

Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

Re: Here it is

Post by Redfish » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:11 am

I couldn't get the green wall to show that it needed a space when I did the drawing, lol. I think I need to make the brown 13 inch baffle wall a bit taller also. The wall on the other side of the return chamber is 17 inches tall and that means the water would fall 4 inches to the 13 inch level, might be to much noise, this may also mean that I need to raise the first baffle wall in the skimmer chamber, just a thought. I was going to run the top off water thru the Kalk reactor then into the return section using the top off float valve, if this is the way they work. I think this is the way C-21 has his set up, and its a good idea..