my new saltwater tank

Share Photos of Your Fish and Aquariums
joey
Guppy Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

my new saltwater tank

Post by joey » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:01 am

Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

Re: my new saltwater tank

Post by Redfish » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:02 am

Looks good. How big of a tank is it? Just off the top of my head here, you will have to check with Gerwin and see what he says, you might need a few more pieces of live rock. You want to get all of your rock in the tank at the same time for the most part so that your tank will only go thru one cycle. Just a thought.

joey
Guppy Member

Post by joey » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:50 am

Redfish wrote:Looks good. How big of a tank is it? Just off the top of my head here, you will have to check with Gerwin and see what he says, you might need a few more pieces of live rock. You want to get all of your rock in the tank at the same time for the most part so that your tank will only go thru one cycle. Just a thought.
im putting the tank together slowly as i get sum money and yes i need alot more live rock its a 75 gallon

Gerwin
Discus Member

Post by Gerwin » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:54 am

coming along nicely Joey,
I would recommend you take out that conch shell or at least break out the end so water flows through it. They have been known to be a source for deadly gas pockets as nutrients go in but do not come out and sit in there and rot.

joey
Guppy Member

Post by joey » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:09 pm

Gerwin wrote:coming along nicely Joey,
I would recommend you take out that conch shell or at least break out the end so water flows through it. They have been known to be a source for deadly gas pockets as nutrients go in but do not come out and sit in there and rot.
thanks for the info