Just Fish New Reef Tank for Display and Sales Update

Tanks, Filtration, & Lighting Discussion
Gerwin
Discus Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Just Fish New Reef Tank for Display and Sales Update

Post by Gerwin » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:41 am

Well if all works out well we will have it up by the weekend!
160 Gallons of viewing pleasure with Cali Overflo, 75 gallon sump, Vertex Cone Skimmer with Red Dragon pump (almost as bad A** as Archie's), auto top off and all the rock and stuff from the original plus more.
Stand and Canopy by Archie's Cabinet Shop full view front so folks can see the operation in the works and how the gear works
Lighting will be 300 Watts of LED lighting by Jennings Lighting Co. and will also have HO T5 bulbs.
Current for tank will be the same pumps I use now (its doing my part in recycling)
Will probably incorporate a Kalk stirrer into the mix but no hurry as ESV Bionic has served me well in the retail enviroment thus far.

Most important to you folks is the increased size for more product for you to choose from (thats right always thinking of you :D , well of course increased sales might have a small influence, but hey you want me to stay around for years right! gotta have sales to do that) The tank will also have about 6 feet of frag rack beyond the increased surface area of the tank to better display and house more of the growing SPS market on the coast.

So there, thanks to my friends and customers who have pushed me and helped me put this together and for the business to allow me to, buying from your local stores not only keeps us in business but allows us to be here for you :D

Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

Re: Just Fish New Reef Tank for Display and Sales Update

Post by Redfish » Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:54 pm

Can't wait to see it all set up and running, I really want to see the LED lights. Is the Jennings Lighting Co. going to make LED lights for the general public or is this a one shot deal for store credit. :D

C-21 USAF
Discus Member

Post by C-21 USAF » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:20 pm

Sounds awesome...can't wait! LEDs???! Sounds kind of cutting edge for G-Man :shock:

Gerwin
Discus Member

Post by Gerwin » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:48 am

Redfish wrote:Can't wait to see it all set up and running, I really want to see the LED lights. Is the Jennings Lighting Co. going to make LED lights for the general public or is this a one shot deal for store credit. :D
maybe both
C-21 USAF wrote:Sounds awesome...can't wait! LEDs???! Sounds kind of cutting edge for G-Man :shock:
hey, hey, hey just cause I look old school does not mean I do not appreciate the latest greatest hotness, my brother! I can be just as street as the next dude :lol: I was thinking about letting my pants ride a little lower, get some cool tats maybe dye the hair.....meh to much trouble

Sandy
Discus Member
My SetUp: 180gal saltwater reef, 6-80watt T5 lights, 2 powerheads in tank, 2 return pumps in a 40gal sump, uv sterilizer, gfo and carbon reactor.

Post by Sandy » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:42 pm

So how much did you guys get finished today? Are you still there? Hope it is up and running and you guys didn't have to work all night.

Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

Post by Redfish » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:53 pm

Did the new skimmer come in yet, how bout the new sump and what about the LED lights, did the new coral shipment come in yet. You got to give us some info here. :D I guess we are just going to have to make a trip into the store to find out anything. How about posting a pic of the tank. I really like the over flow in that tank, no big over flow box in the corner or center of the tank. Makes me wonder why more people don't use this type of over flow in their tank.

Gerwin
Discus Member

Post by Gerwin » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:07 pm

Redfish wrote:Did the new skimmer come in yet, how bout the new sump and what about the LED lights, did the new coral shipment come in yet. You got to give us some info here. :D I guess we are just going to have to make a trip into the store to find out anything. How about posting a pic of the tank. I really like the over flow in that tank, no big over flow box in the corner or center of the tank. Makes me wonder why more people don't use this type of over flow in their tank.
skimmer should arrive next week / sump on thursday / led lights on and in new canopy / coral shipment came and it was/is gorgeous and another on friday this week. Yes I do need to get pics up.

Special thanks to:
Archie for the stand and canopy and ALL the help doing the transfer, he came to help and ended up doing like 98% of the work!
Jennings for busting his butt to get the lights done for Saturday and they look great.
Roger for doing a BRILLIANT Job of rock scaping, I gave him a plan and he exceeded my expectations.
and last but not least to YOU Guys and Gals that through your patronage allowed us to upgrade to something a wee bit more interesting than our antique reef display.
As some asked "what did you do with the old tank....hang it on the wall for memories" :lol:

MPowell
Discus Member

Post by MPowell » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:57 pm

I saw the new tank setup today and it looked great. I want those LED's so bad but that is definitely going to have to wait.

Gerwin
Discus Member

Post by Gerwin » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:38 am

this is the Ver.1 status we are already working on some upgrades and minor changes.
Things should be looking better as the weeks pass.

You guys understand since I like my Discus tank and really do not want to tear it down to do another reef tank at home, I am kinda living this one as if it were at my house...hell I am at work more than the house anyways! So I am living my dreams and thoughts about reef tanks through this display tank!

evo832psi
Discus Member

Post by evo832psi » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:10 pm

The new Tank is Mesmerizing!!! You guys did one hell of a job. If you havent stopped by to see it yet, you need to!

Sandy
Discus Member
My SetUp: 180gal saltwater reef, 6-80watt T5 lights, 2 powerheads in tank, 2 return pumps in a 40gal sump, uv sterilizer, gfo and carbon reactor.

Post by Sandy » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:41 pm

Just make sure you keep plenty of salt buckets on order,,,,, our butts need a place to plop!! :mrgreen:

Redfish
Discus Member

Post by Redfish » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:48 pm

Hummm, comparing the store to your house, I hope your house is alot cleaner than your office. I am going to try and get by the store Friday or Saturday to see the new lights. I will bring the skimmer when I come Sandy.

Gerwin
Discus Member

Post by Gerwin » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:03 am

Redfish wrote:Hummm, comparing the store to your house, I hope your house is alot cleaner than your office. I am going to try and get by the store Friday or Saturday to see the new lights. I will bring the skimmer when I come Sandy.
its about the same....one I have no time to clean the other I am to tired to clean :lol:

Sandy
Discus Member

Post by Sandy » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:13 pm

Redfish wrote: I will bring the skimmer when I come Sandy.
Okay, thanks!

And the tank looks great!!!! Big thumbs up for the boys doing such a great job getting it all :D together.

jimbob21123
Guppy Member

Post by jimbob21123 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:36 pm

we need some pics of it gerwin as i dont get to come down there very often, i still have that large leather mushroom that i want to bring in for some store credit towards some kinda coral if you still interested in it.