Pictures of the new display tank

Tanks, Filtration, & Lighting Discussion
Sandy
Discus Member
My SetUp: 180gal saltwater reef, 6-80watt T5 lights, 2 powerheads in tank, 2 return pumps in a 40gal sump, uv sterilizer, gfo and carbon reactor.

Pictures of the new display tank

Post by Sandy » Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:29 am

I posted pics under the new display tank thread. Figured I better post them in a seperate thread just in case some of you overlook the thread. Will take more picture another time when I go to the shop.

Archie
Discus Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Re: Pictures of the new display tank

Post by Archie » Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:57 am

looks good sandy

evo832psi
Discus Member

Post by evo832psi » Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:01 pm

Those pictures came out really well!!! What kinda camera?

Gerwin
Discus Member

Post by Gerwin » Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:25 pm

wow , you just need to bring it every week and take pics of all the stock and put on a slide show!

Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

Post by Redfish » Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:43 pm

Well I saw the new tank today with the LED lights on, awesome, Jennings, you did a great job on those lights. The blue bulbs really make those zoas pop. What really surprized me was how high above the tank the lights are, wasn't expecting that. Obewan said the par numbers are good and thats how high the lights need to be, anyway, a great tank.

Gerwin
Discus Member

Post by Gerwin » Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:50 pm

<embed%20id="id_slideshow"%20src="http://pics.picturetrail.com/res/swf/sl ... lashplayer"/>[/picasa]

jimbob21123
Guppy Member

Post by jimbob21123 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:17 pm

yeah that big leather mushroom will look good in there, going to try and get to the shop next friday

Sandy
Discus Member
My SetUp: 180gal saltwater reef, 6-80watt T5 lights, 2 powerheads in tank, 2 return pumps in a 40gal sump, uv sterilizer, gfo and carbon reactor.

Post by Sandy » Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:07 am

Thanks Ya'll
Gerwin wrote:wow , you just need to bring it every week and take pics of all the stock and put on a slide show!
Might just have to do that!! Also need to take more pictures of the critters next time.
evo832psi wrote:Those pictures came out really well!!! What kinda camera?
It's a Olympus C-750 Ultra Zoom. I have had it for about 4 years. I know it is not the latest and greatest but it has worked pretty dang good.

Gerwin
Discus Member

Post by Gerwin » Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:14 am

Redfish wrote:Well I saw the new tank today with the LED lights on, awesome, Jennings, you did a great job on those lights. The blue bulbs really make those zoas pop. What really surprized me was how high above the tank the lights are, wasn't expecting that. Obewan said the par numbers are good and thats how high the lights need to be, anyway, a great tank.
little word mix up and do not want anyone to misread, the Par values are good true but the reason was not that they need to be so high because of LEDs but rather I need to get in and out and work on it and catch stuff all day and wanted the room. I know this tanks awesomeness has everyone at first thinking this is a show/display tank but its actually there to sell the stuff out of :lol: So it had to be designed to both look attractive but also be functional for its daily task :D
And again I cannot recommend the work of Jennings and Archie enough, I hope their work creates more $$$ making opportunities for them! of course they both have real jobs but hey some play money on the side does not hurt

Sandy
Discus Member

Post by Sandy » Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:32 pm

[quote="Gerwin the Par values are good true but the reason was not that they need to be so high because of LEDs but rather I need to get in and out and work on it and catch stuff all day and wanted the room. I know this tanks awesomeness has everyone at first thinking this is a show/display tank but its actually there to sell the stuff out of :lol: So it had to be designed to both look attractive but also be functional for its daily task :D
And again I cannot recommend the work of Jennings and Archie enough, I hope their work creates more $$$ making opportunities for them! of course they both have real jobs but hey some play money on the side does not hurt[/quote]

:roll: geezzz, we know this........ :mrgreen:

And for Archie and Jennings,,,, I hope they roll in the extra dough :wink: They did do a GREAT job!

jenningsxxx
Guppy Member

Post by jenningsxxx » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:02 pm

Thanks to everyone for the complements. I'm glad the lights came out as well as they did. If anyone is interested in getting costom lights built, let me know and I will give you a quote. For a 48" it will be around $1200 depending on what you are looking for. Or if you want to build your own, I can point you in the right direction.

Sandy
Discus Member

Post by Sandy » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:30 pm

Hey Everybody!!! Added more pictures to the slide show. And also added new post in the classified section, cause just about EVERYTHING is for sale,,, huh Gerwin.. we can now bring some of the shop to you, all you have to do is go pay for your goodies and take them home. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I'm pretty sure Gerwin won't mind. Ya'll be sure to have another look at the slide show. I will keep adding pictures as I take them. Hope to add more in the next day or two when a new shipment comes in.