I think Stripey is dying

A "friendly forum" for those just starting out in aquarium keeping. No question is too basic, so don't hesitate to ask!
Damion
Angel Member
My SetUp: 55g Barb tank...Tiger Barbs, Black Rubies, Green Barbs, Banded Leporinus, and a Red Fin Shark. Clean up crew consists of two small (3") plecos

Re: I think Stripey is dying

Post by Damion » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:52 am

Its funny that you say the tiger barbs are aggressive because they actually seem to keep to themselves. It is those feeder minnows that are chasing everything in the tank....I really need something to eat those, lol

Maybe I can use this thread to convince my wife we need a bigger tank, :-)
Then we can get something (cichlids/oscars) to eat those things. The last thing I want is a bunch of feeders reproducing :?

guitarest
Discus Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Re: I think Stripey is dying

Post by guitarest » Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:23 am

While its stable now, the 100gal was a huge pain for at least three weeks trying to get everything right. Now I walk up to it in the am and the hermit crabs make a highway during the night at the front glass walking from left to right and back all night. The Bulls are usually under the fake grass and bushes on their nest; and all the molly's and guppies are usually on top of all the grass and the pipe fish is inside the grass. Finally the blue crabs are usually yucked into the sand with their eyes and mouths visible with the rest of their bodies hidden.

I love my tank now.