And on the 7 Hour, GER created Reef, Nano reef that is...

Blog the Progress of Your Aquarium
Redfish
Discus Member
My SetUp: AGA 150g 48x30x25, Reef Octopus Skimmer, Bio Pellet, Phosphate, Carbon reactor. Mostly a SPS coral tank with a few zoas a Green Polyp Toadstool, a Chalice or two and a couple of Scollys thrown in there. Top Off System and dosing pump system for Calcium and Alk.

Re: And on the 7 Hour, Ger created Reef

Post by Redfish » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:10 pm

LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gerwin
Discus Member
My SetUp: Custom profile field not completed.

Post by Gerwin » Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:34 pm

so PETE can you buy forever stamps again? <<<<btw Redfish is a postman so any postal questions feel free to ask away :wink: I mean we all have special abilities :)

now Jason you do realize the one reef at the shop is mine as well :wink: its you guys that broke me down with all your cool crap. I am a techno geek at heart too, so gadgets just got me :(

Sandy
Discus Member
My SetUp: 180gal saltwater reef, 6-80watt T5 lights, 2 powerheads in tank, 2 return pumps in a 40gal sump, uv sterilizer, gfo and carbon reactor.

Post by Sandy » Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:44 pm

Say what you want,,,, but I remember the DEAD SEA... I thought it looked pretty cool..... Just not so cool that I want all of my stuff to croak and become that way,,, :shock: I haven't seen the planted tank yet either....So does that mean we might have to add YOU to the TOTs.... by the way,,,, when we doing that some more????

Gerwin
Discus Member

Post by Gerwin » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:09 am

updated photo at approx . 4 weeks
I have some nice pieces of which several were from some of your tanks :clap:
Brannon- Red Shroom / Sandy- Guerrilla Nipple Zoas / Archie- Acropora, Birds Nest / Jason Orange Digitata & birds nest / David -Duncans / Patrick - Digitata orange sp......and the rest frags from the My Favorite LFS > JUST FISH aka Pass Road Pet Center :thumbup:

phisher
Discus Member

Post by phisher » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:24 pm

Figured you had a thing for Gorilla Nipples.

Gerwin
Discus Member

Post by Gerwin » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:47 pm

My Pic skills SUCK but at least you see whats up with the baby reef :D

goalk33p3r
Discus Member

Post by goalk33p3r » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:22 pm

dam its looking good :thumbup:

Sandy
Discus Member
My SetUp: 180gal saltwater reef, 6-80watt T5 lights, 2 powerheads in tank, 2 return pumps in a 40gal sump, uv sterilizer, gfo and carbon reactor.

Post by Sandy » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:16 am

Lookin' better and better!!! love it :thumbup:

phisher
Discus Member

Post by phisher » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:57 am

Very nice!

Whats that on the far left that's completely encrusted that round frag disk?

Gerwin
Discus Member

Post by Gerwin » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:22 am

cyphastrea

Gerwin
Discus Member

Post by Gerwin » Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:10 pm

"Perspective"

Gerwin
Discus Member

Re: And on the 7 Hour, GER created Reef, Nano reef that is..

Post by Gerwin » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:39 pm

Log date 12-05-10
The tank has matured nicely in the last 6 months, SPS, Leather, Zoas, LPS, Polyps all fine, added a yellow tang to help out with macro algae, sixline wrasse to help out with flat worms, and a neon dottyback because he looked bad to the bone.
for 2.5 months now I have been using bionic 2 part and prodibio reef care ampules as my sole additives for the system, I did this mainly to see how effective the Prodibio line was. I had seen it used in another system that looked great so I guinea pigged myself to be sure before I recommended it to anyone else. I am not disappointed, diatom algae and other nuisance algaes are nonexistent, coral growth and color are on par with other systems I am familiar with.
The only issue with the tank is a red flatworm out break and they dont seem to eat much other than look crappy so meh, not really worried about them other than let them be part of the food chain.
I practice what I preach and use the Purapads in the tank for phosphate control (I would use a reactor but it would be bigger than my tank!)
So we will give more input as the time moves on...oh I did put a coral booster on the tank (one of those 14 watt single row blue LED..$155.00) looks awesome I might add and not a single buyer has been disappointed to date.

some corals have been moved around as placement as they grew became a issue, the Monti Cap. sp has quadrupled in size the DUncan has added many heads and the Birds Nest is growing to extreme, along with the Pocillopora the Rogipora has also tripled in size, and the Yellow Tang is and has been great for well over a month. According to the internet BLOGS I must be some kind of aquarium Grand MAster to be able to keep a tang in such a small tank :mrgreen: or I am a evil wrong doer for doing this to a fish that grow SOooo large, I like to think I am the Grand Master :thumbup: hey but for you worry warts about tangs in small tanks,,,,when he gets to big I will take him out and sell him to someone with a bigger tank! Ha is that not a simple fix, again pure and utter genius spewing from your ever wise LFS.

C-21 USAF
Discus Member

Post by C-21 USAF » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:02 pm

Is all the sarcasm free of charge? :wave:

bluwtr
Discus Member
My SetUp: 55g, 70#'s lr, 40#'s ls, 10 DIY acrylic sump, in sump skimmer, 1 Jebao wp20 and 2 Koralia 1050 controlled by a Smart Wave, DIY LED's--12 RB, 10 UV's and 8 CW.

Post by bluwtr » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:16 am

So do we start calling you Buddha since your are so wisened?! :lol:

Gerwin
Discus Member

Post by Gerwin » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:57 am

C-21 USAF wrote:Is all the sarcasm free of charge? :wave:
because of the holiday season its a free gift, but figure me to charge when the festivities are over :lol:
So do we start calling you Buddha since your are so wisened?!
no call me buddha because of my roundness :thumbup:

everyone who knows me knows I am just joking around, I will still give the sarcasm for free even after the holidays...besides its my diary, I can say what I want, and after noticing pics I see the Tang has been in there closer to 3 months now based on the dates of previous pics, wow 3 months! he's like 10 time bigger too :lol: